High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 18 -47 (38.3%) Free-throws: 15 -20 (75.0%)
Lone Peak totals
Field goals: 23 -46 (50.0%) Free-throws: 7 -13 (53.8%)
Lone Peak overcame a 17-point second half deficit to survive a big semifinal scare against Fremont. Trailing 54-53 with 25 seconds left, Jordan Hamilton grabbed an offensive rebound and converted it into a three-point play to put the Knights ahead 56-54. After Fremont made 1-of-2 free throws with 15 seconds left, T.J. Haws extended the lead to 58-55 with 7.7 seconds remaining and Fremont missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer. Lone Peak shot 50 percent for the game and was led by 19 points from Nick Emery and 14 more from Haws. In the loss, Patrick Fishburn led Fremont with 19.
|VAN WOERKOM, Aaron||7||2||3||2||2|
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- 18-year-old musician dies after inspiring...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler Haws'...
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz remain in...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- High school soccer: 5A, 4A state... 6
- High school baseball: Snow Canyon... 6
- Deseret News live streaming schedule... 5
- United Rugby Club wins high school... 5
- High school football: Orem player... 3
- High school girls track: Davis wins... 3
- High school boys track: Davis wins... 3