High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 18 -47 (38.3%) Free-throws: 15 -20 (75.0%)
Lone Peak totals
Field goals: 23 -46 (50.0%) Free-throws: 7 -13 (53.8%)
Lone Peak overcame a 17-point second half deficit to survive a big semifinal scare against Fremont. Trailing 54-53 with 25 seconds left, Jordan Hamilton grabbed an offensive rebound and converted it into a three-point play to put the Knights ahead 56-54. After Fremont made 1-of-2 free throws with 15 seconds left, T.J. Haws extended the lead to 58-55 with 7.7 seconds remaining and Fremont missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer. Lone Peak shot 50 percent for the game and was led by 19 points from Nick Emery and 14 more from Haws. In the loss, Patrick Fishburn led Fremont with 19.
|VAN WOERKOM, Aaron||7||2||3||2||2|
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- Little difference between PG-13 and R-rated...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: East's Ula... 34
- High school football: 5A All-State teams 18
- Mountain View hires former Timpview... 16
- Preps of the week: T.J. Haws, Lone Peak... 9
- High school football: 3AA all-state teams 8
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News... 6
- High school wrestling: Defending state... 5
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak... 4