High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 18 -47 (38.3%) Free-throws: 15 -20 (75.0%)
Lone Peak totals
Field goals: 23 -46 (50.0%) Free-throws: 7 -13 (53.8%)
Lone Peak overcame a 17-point second half deficit to survive a big semifinal scare against Fremont. Trailing 54-53 with 25 seconds left, Jordan Hamilton grabbed an offensive rebound and converted it into a three-point play to put the Knights ahead 56-54. After Fremont made 1-of-2 free throws with 15 seconds left, T.J. Haws extended the lead to 58-55 with 7.7 seconds remaining and Fremont missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer. Lone Peak shot 50 percent for the game and was led by 19 points from Nick Emery and 14 more from Haws. In the loss, Patrick Fishburn led Fremont with 19.
|VAN WOERKOM, Aaron||7||2||3||2||2|
- Photo gallery: Tornado rips Oklahoma suburb
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- Fire chief says search almost complete in...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Journalists criticize Obama administration,...
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who took...
- Funeral services for Sister Frances J. Monson...
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 31
- High school soccer: 5A, 4A state... 6
- High school baseball: Snow Canyon... 6
- United Rugby Club wins high school... 5
- High school football: East star running... 4
- Deseret News to live stream Utah high... 3
- Orem football player remains in... 3
- High school football: Orem player... 3