High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Mountain Crest totals
Field goals: 14 -38 (36.8%) Free-throws: 12 -21 (57.1%)
Field goals: 13 -48 (27.1%) Free-throws: 17 -27 (63.0%)
Springville senior Lexi Eaton recorded her third lowest scoring total of the season, but the 25 points she produced helped the Red Devils earn their second straight 4A championship. Eaton also notched a double-double with 12 rebounds, two assists, two blocks and four steals. Mackenzie Neilson, who played the game with with stitches in her left eyebrow, scored six points and grabbed 10 rebounds. The Mountain Crest Mustangs played a stellar game in their upset bid, led by Emily Moore and Jordi Willden. Moore scored 13 points and grabbed seven rebounds; Willden had seven points, six rebounds, two assists and one block; Karlee Kartchner added 11 points, eight rebounds, a block and a steal. Mountain Crest had 27 turnovers, which the Red Devils turned into 19 points; the Mustangs outrebounded Springville 41-33; and both teams shot poorly from the foul line, just 57.1 percent from the Mustangs and 63 percent from the Red Devils. The Mustangs finish the season with a record of 22-2 while Springville is 21-1.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Parry's Power Guide for week 6 17
- High school football: Felt's Facts for... 8
- High school football: Zach Katoa's 6... 8
- High school football: Bingham rolls... 4
- High school football: Brighton focused... 3
- Denver's Kayvon Webster introduces Utah... 2
- High school football: Work ethic has... 2
- Rich High runs over Monticello to spoil... 1