High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Mountain Crest totals
Field goals: 14 -38 (36.8%) Free-throws: 12 -21 (57.1%)
Field goals: 13 -48 (27.1%) Free-throws: 17 -27 (63.0%)
Springville senior Lexi Eaton recorded her third lowest scoring total of the season, but the 25 points she produced helped the Red Devils earn their second straight 4A championship. Eaton also notched a double-double with 12 rebounds, two assists, two blocks and four steals. Mackenzie Neilson, who played the game with with stitches in her left eyebrow, scored six points and grabbed 10 rebounds. The Mountain Crest Mustangs played a stellar game in their upset bid, led by Emily Moore and Jordi Willden. Moore scored 13 points and grabbed seven rebounds; Willden had seven points, six rebounds, two assists and one block; Karlee Kartchner added 11 points, eight rebounds, a block and a steal. Mountain Crest had 27 turnovers, which the Red Devils turned into 19 points; the Mustangs outrebounded Springville 41-33; and both teams shot poorly from the foul line, just 57.1 percent from the Mustangs and 63 percent from the Red Devils. The Mustangs finish the season with a record of 22-2 while Springville is 21-1.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in Utah...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: East's Ula... 32
- High school football: 5A All-State teams 14
- Mountain View hires former Timpview... 14
- Preps of the week: T.J. Haws, Lone Peak... 9
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News... 6
- High school football: 3AA all-state teams 6
- High school wrestling: Defending state... 5
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak... 4