High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Mountain Crest totals
Field goals: 14 -38 (36.8%) Free-throws: 12 -21 (57.1%)
Field goals: 13 -48 (27.1%) Free-throws: 17 -27 (63.0%)
Springville senior Lexi Eaton recorded her third lowest scoring total of the season, but the 25 points she produced helped the Red Devils earn their second straight 4A championship. Eaton also notched a double-double with 12 rebounds, two assists, two blocks and four steals. Mackenzie Neilson, who played the game with with stitches in her left eyebrow, scored six points and grabbed 10 rebounds. The Mountain Crest Mustangs played a stellar game in their upset bid, led by Emily Moore and Jordi Willden. Moore scored 13 points and grabbed seven rebounds; Willden had seven points, six rebounds, two assists and one block; Karlee Kartchner added 11 points, eight rebounds, a block and a steal. Mountain Crest had 27 turnovers, which the Red Devils turned into 19 points; the Mustangs outrebounded Springville 41-33; and both teams shot poorly from the foul line, just 57.1 percent from the Mustangs and 63 percent from the Red Devils. The Mustangs finish the season with a record of 22-2 while Springville is 21-1.
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- LDS Church releases statement on construction...
- ABC's 'Nightline' takes a look into the lives...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- Report: ACC changes stance, now considers BYU...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Why you don't want your...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 38
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies... 19
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'... 14
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one... 9
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit... 7
- A Super Bowl 1st-timer, Utah native... 3
- High school football: Riverton coach... 2
- 'In Football We Trust' puts a religious... 1