High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 13 Free-throws: 6 -11 (54.5%)
Field goals: 13 Free-throws: 5 -12 (41.7%)
The third-ranked Rebels overcame a slow start to earn a quarterfinal win over Panguitch by a single point. With 46 seconds left in the game Lynzee Wallentine made a layup after Cassidy McKee managed to steal the ball and throw it to her as she fell to the floor. After the Rebels missed three straight foul shot attempts (one-and-one penalty shots), Panguitch finally managed to get a shot off but it bounced off the rim. Alisa Petersen grabbed the rebound as the buzzer sounded. The Rebels will face either fifth-ranked Piute or Wayne in Friday's semifinals. Courtney Lamborn led all scorers with 13 points, while Bowers, who cut her head with about 15 seconds left in the game, added 8 points. Senior Kalani Norris led the Bobcats with 13 points, while Breanne Bateman added nine points.
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- LDS Church releases statement on construction...
- ABC's 'Nightline' takes a look into the lives...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Why you don't want your...
- Report: ACC changes stance, now considers BYU...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 38
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies... 19
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'... 14
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one... 9
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit... 7
- A Super Bowl 1st-timer, Utah native... 3
- High school football: Riverton coach... 2
- 'In Football We Trust' puts a religious... 1