High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 13 Free-throws: 6 -11 (54.5%)
Field goals: 13 Free-throws: 5 -12 (41.7%)
The third-ranked Rebels overcame a slow start to earn a quarterfinal win over Panguitch by a single point. With 46 seconds left in the game Lynzee Wallentine made a layup after Cassidy McKee managed to steal the ball and throw it to her as she fell to the floor. After the Rebels missed three straight foul shot attempts (one-and-one penalty shots), Panguitch finally managed to get a shot off but it bounced off the rim. Alisa Petersen grabbed the rebound as the buzzer sounded. The Rebels will face either fifth-ranked Piute or Wayne in Friday's semifinals. Courtney Lamborn led all scorers with 13 points, while Bowers, who cut her head with about 15 seconds left in the game, added 8 points. Senior Kalani Norris led the Bobcats with 13 points, while Breanne Bateman added nine points.
- LDS faith helps keep things in perspective...
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- New mission presidents
- ABC's 'Nightline' takes a look into the lives...
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies... 19
- Dick Harmon: College football... 14
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit... 12
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one... 11
- High school football: Riverton coach... 7
- East High linebacker Christian Folau... 6