High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 13 Free-throws: 6 -11 (54.5%)
Field goals: 13 Free-throws: 5 -12 (41.7%)
The third-ranked Rebels overcame a slow start to earn a quarterfinal win over Panguitch by a single point. With 46 seconds left in the game Lynzee Wallentine made a layup after Cassidy McKee managed to steal the ball and throw it to her as she fell to the floor. After the Rebels missed three straight foul shot attempts (one-and-one penalty shots), Panguitch finally managed to get a shot off but it bounced off the rim. Alisa Petersen grabbed the rebound as the buzzer sounded. The Rebels will face either fifth-ranked Piute or Wayne in Friday's semifinals. Courtney Lamborn led all scorers with 13 points, while Bowers, who cut her head with about 15 seconds left in the game, added 8 points. Senior Kalani Norris led the Bobcats with 13 points, while Breanne Bateman added nine points.
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's...
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby player...
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon...
- New temple presidents
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...