High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 13 Free-throws: 6 -11 (54.5%)
Field goals: 13 Free-throws: 5 -12 (41.7%)
The third-ranked Rebels overcame a slow start to earn a quarterfinal win over Panguitch by a single point. With 46 seconds left in the game Lynzee Wallentine made a layup after Cassidy McKee managed to steal the ball and throw it to her as she fell to the floor. After the Rebels missed three straight foul shot attempts (one-and-one penalty shots), Panguitch finally managed to get a shot off but it bounced off the rim. Alisa Petersen grabbed the rebound as the buzzer sounded. The Rebels will face either fifth-ranked Piute or Wayne in Friday's semifinals. Courtney Lamborn led all scorers with 13 points, while Bowers, who cut her head with about 15 seconds left in the game, added 8 points. Senior Kalani Norris led the Bobcats with 13 points, while Breanne Bateman added nine points.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from...
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- How new research on chemicals in household...
- The rough road of single motherhood —...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Duke's Jabari Parker faces tough stay-or-go...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical coming to Salt...
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 55
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 42
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak... 18
- High school basketball: Rich High is... 13
- Tournament central: 5A boys semifinals... 4
- High school boys basketball: Wasatch... 4
- High School basketball: Lone Peak uses... 4
- Tournament central: 4A boys basketball... 2