High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Ian Ramos put Lehi ahead in the first half, and Wesley Crump added a crucial second goal with six minuets to go as the Pioneers advanced to the state championship game.
14th minute: GOAL LEHI! Lehi surges ahead in this crucial semifinal, as star Ian Ramos slots home to put the Pioneers ahead.
We've reached the break here at Viewmont High, with Lehi leading by a goal. Both Woods Cross and Lehi had their moments during the opening 40 minute, but it's Ramos' goal that separates the sides with 40 crucial minutes to go.
41st minute: The referee blows his whistle, and the second half is underway, with Woods Cross and Lehi fighting to make it to the state championship game at Rio Tinto Stadium on Thursday.
52nd minute: Woods Cross played really well at the start of the second half, but Lehi has started to come back into the game.
56th minute: Lehi was just oh-so-close to going up two goals. The referee decides not to award a Lehi penalty kick inside the box, and moments later, the Pioneers belt a shot off the crossbar. Really physical with just over a half of a half to go.
72nd minute: As has been the case throughout most of this semifinal, momentum has shifted back and forth. With eight minutes to play, though, Lehi is still clinging to a one-goal lead.
74th minute: GOAL LEHI! The Pioneers are seemingly handed to the state championship. Braden Sorensen assists to Wesley Crump for a crucial second Lehi goal, and the Pioneers can breathe a little easier for now.
END OF GAME
Lehi hangs on over the final six minutes to advance to this Thursday's championship game against either Dixie or Bonneville.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from...
- How new research on chemicals in household...
- The rough road of single motherhood —...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks off...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical coming to Salt...
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 55
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 42
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak... 18
- High school basketball: Rich High is... 13
- Tournament central: 5A boys semifinals... 4
- High school boys basketball: Wasatch... 4
- High School basketball: Lone Peak uses... 4
- Tournament central: 4A boys basketball... 2