High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 16 Free-throws: 23 -30 (76.7%)
Field goals: 21 Free-throws: 15 -23 (65.2%)
Tyson Westwood finished with 19 points, Jaylen Christensen added 15 and the second-ranked T-Birds made the plays down the stretch to emerge with a thrilling victory over No. 1 Rich. Westwood and Christensen both hit a number of huge shots in the second half for Piute. Superstar Caden Andersen scored 23 points and grabbed nine boards to lead Rich.
Rich jumped out to a 10-4 lead midway through the first period, but Piute close the quarter on a run to leave the game tied at 12-12. Tonight's semifinal showdown has gotten off to the start many hoped it would.
This game has gone back and forth. Piute found itself ahead midway through the quarter, but Rich came racing back and now leads by a point, 28-27, at halftime.
Holy cow, we've got a barn burner going on at the Sevier Valley Center. With eight enormous minutes to go, Piute leads Rich by a point, 41-40.
Piute got clutch play after clutch play from guards Tyson Westwood and Jaylin Christensen down the stretch, and the T-Birds did what they needed to do to beat Rich in the highly-anticipated battle between No. 1 and No. 2. Piute will play Bryce Valley in the title game tomorrow at 5 p.m.
- Alex Boye to make second appearance on NBC's...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Job insecurity is the new normal. Here's how...
- 20 things I wish I would have known before...
- Herbert pleads with Obama to stop any new...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Heavy rains slam Davis County, cause...