High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 18 Free-throws: 11 -19 (57.9%)
Bryce Valley totals
Field goals: 17 Free-throws: 15 -21 (71.4%)
Kace Roundy, playing with four fouls, produced a fourth-quarter performance for the ages to send Bryce Valley to the state championship game for the first time in school history. Roundy finished with 25 points, three assists and three steals. Dallin Duncan led spirited Monticello with 16 points, 15 rebounds and three blocks.
At the end of eight minutes, Monticello holds a narrow three-point lead over Bryce Valley, 17-14. Considering the immense nerves both sets of players were undoubtedly experiencing beforehand, the first quarter of this semifinal was very well played. At the end of it, Monticello holds the early advantage.
We've reached the break here between Monticello and Bryce Valley. Both teams had their moments in the opening half, with Monticello closing the half with back-to-back baskets by Dallin Duncan before Kace Roundy made 1-of-2 free throws at the other end to make the scored 28-26.
Things have gotten much, much tighter inside the Sevier Valley Center, with Monticello leading by three, 35-32, at the end of the third quarter. After a Kace Roundy 3-pointer to open the quarter, Monticello went on a 7-0 run before Bryce Valley ended the quarter with three consecutive points.
The Mustangs pull out a fourth-quarter performance that will be the stuff of legends for years to come in Bryce Valley. Behind their gutsy forward Kace Roundy, the Mustangs go on a 10-0 midway through the fourth quarter to take down Monticello. The Buckaroos should be very proud of their performance, but in the end, they simply had no answer for Roundy.
- LDS university president receives national...
- The most overlooked characteristic of the...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- Couple married 67 years dies holding hands
- Officer in parade controversy speaks out on...
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- 5A boys basketball quarterfinals: Live... 9
- High school boys basketball: Viewmont's... 7
- BYU's Rose, Collinsworth praise Drury,... 6
- High school boys basketball: Son of... 6
- 4A boys basketball: Seljaas hits... 4
- Uintah River High claims state... 4
- Brad Rock: Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey eager... 3
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak... 2