High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 26 Free-throws: 6 -11 (54.5%)
Field goals: 31 Free-throws: 11 -14 (78.6%)
Caden Andersen finished with 29 points, eight boards, five assists and four steals to help pace No. 1 Rich past Liahona in the 1A quarterfinals. The Rebels now advance to the semifinal round for the third year in a row. Clint Cornelison (13), Kayden Calder (10) and Cooper Cornia (10) all finished in double-figures for Rich. Meanwhile, Brayden Facemyer and Brandon Nichols finished with 29 points and 25, respectively, and were unconscious at times to keep the Warriors in the game.
The first half of today's quarterfinal contest featured a full arsenal of offensive firepower. Both teams hit a barrage of shots in the opening 16 minutes, and at halftime, it's Rich that's had just a little more firepower to lead by nine points, 46-37.
So far, both of the stars in this game have really shined. Rich's Caden Andersen has scored 19 points on 8-of-10 shooting, and he also has six boards, two assists and two steals. Meanwhile, Liahona's Brayden Facemyer has poured in 22 points on 8-of-13 shooting, and he has three assists and two steals.
END OF GAME
Liahona pulled with two points, 48-46, midway through the third quarter, but Rich immediately ripped of a 9-0 run and then held on the rest of the way to advance to the 1A semifinals for the third year in a row. Clint Cornelison helped key the third-quarter spurt, and Andersen as usual was stellar.
- Video: Man uses 'random acts of pasta' to...
- Ezekiel Ansah unveils his Turkey Dance...
- Lawmakers to rehash Utah's stillbirth law due...
- The Clean Cut: David Archuleta sings 'If the...
- Warrant reveals new details into BYU soap or...
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be what...
- BYU football: Cougar defense confident it can...
- Fans go wild over 88-second 'Star Wars'...