High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 26 Free-throws: 6 -11 (54.5%)
Field goals: 31 Free-throws: 11 -14 (78.6%)
Caden Andersen finished with 29 points, eight boards, five assists and four steals to help pace No. 1 Rich past Liahona in the 1A quarterfinals. The Rebels now advance to the semifinal round for the third year in a row. Clint Cornelison (13), Kayden Calder (10) and Cooper Cornia (10) all finished in double-figures for Rich. Meanwhile, Brayden Facemyer and Brandon Nichols finished with 29 points and 25, respectively, and were unconscious at times to keep the Warriors in the game.
The first half of today's quarterfinal contest featured a full arsenal of offensive firepower. Both teams hit a barrage of shots in the opening 16 minutes, and at halftime, it's Rich that's had just a little more firepower to lead by nine points, 46-37.
So far, both of the stars in this game have really shined. Rich's Caden Andersen has scored 19 points on 8-of-10 shooting, and he also has six boards, two assists and two steals. Meanwhile, Liahona's Brayden Facemyer has poured in 22 points on 8-of-13 shooting, and he has three assists and two steals.
END OF GAME
Liahona pulled with two points, 48-46, midway through the third quarter, but Rich immediately ripped of a 9-0 run and then held on the rest of the way to advance to the 1A semifinals for the third year in a row. Clint Cornelison helped key the third-quarter spurt, and Andersen as usual was stellar.
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- LDS university president receives national...
- Couple married 67 years dies holding hands
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- 17 years later, parents find kidnapped...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- The most overlooked characteristic of the...
- 5A boys basketball tournament central:... 9
- High school boys basketball: Viewmont's... 8
- BYU's Rose, Collinsworth praise Drury,... 6
- High school boys basketball: Son of... 6
- 4A boys basketball: Seljaas hits... 4
- Uintah River High claims state... 4
- Brad Rock: Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey eager... 3
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak... 2