High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 17 Free-throws: 18 -23 (78.3%)
Field goals: 17 Free-throws: 28 -40 (70.0%)
Caden Andersen posted a double-double (22 points and 13 rebounds) to help propel the Rebels into the second round. Rich jumped out to a 18-point lead at halftime and was OK the rest of the way. Hayden McKee had 14, Kayden Calder had 11 and Cooper Cornia added 10 for Rich, while Bo Thomas led Milford with 23 points.
Top-ranked Rich turned on the jets in the second quarter to rip this game open. After a sluggish opening stanza, the Rebels outscored Milford 23-8 in the second quarter to take control. Star Caden Andersen was particularly big for Rich in the period, and he got plenty of help from his supporting cast.
END OF GAME
It was probably more exciting than it should've been down the stretch, but the Rebels did enough to advance into the quarterfinals. After leading by close to 20 for a good chunk of the game, Rich let Milford go on a run midway through the fourth quarter. The Tigers got as close as seven points before Rich ultimately took care of business.
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- LDS Church releases statement on construction...
- ABC's 'Nightline' takes a look into the lives...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run for...
- 9 Mormon moments in Sundance Film Festival...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies... 19
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 18
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one... 11
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit... 11
- High school football: Riverton coach... 7
- A Super Bowl 1st-timer, Utah native... 3
- Dick Harmon: College football... 2