High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 17 Free-throws: 18 -23 (78.3%)
Field goals: 17 Free-throws: 28 -40 (70.0%)
Caden Andersen posted a double-double (22 points and 13 rebounds) to help propel the Rebels into the second round. Rich jumped out to a 18-point lead at halftime and was OK the rest of the way. Hayden McKee had 14, Kayden Calder had 11 and Cooper Cornia added 10 for Rich, while Bo Thomas led Milford with 23 points.
Top-ranked Rich turned on the jets in the second quarter to rip this game open. After a sluggish opening stanza, the Rebels outscored Milford 23-8 in the second quarter to take control. Star Caden Andersen was particularly big for Rich in the period, and he got plenty of help from his supporting cast.
END OF GAME
It was probably more exciting than it should've been down the stretch, but the Rebels did enough to advance into the quarterfinals. After leading by close to 20 for a good chunk of the game, Rich let Milford go on a run midway through the fourth quarter. The Tigers got as close as seven points before Rich ultimately took care of business.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- High school football: Herriman gashes... 14
- High school football: Corner Canyon's... 9
- High school football: Skyline's big... 4
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5 2
- Girls soccer: Brighton Bengals bury the... 2
- American Fork rolls past Westlake in... 2
- High school football: Felt's Facts for... 1
- High school football: Riverton rolls... 1