High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
|West Ridge Academy||5||11||12||18||46|
Green River totals
Field goals: 24 Free-throws: 7 -13 (53.8%)
West Ridge Academy totals
Field goals: 18 Free-throws: 8 -18 (44.4%)
Jason Johnson poured in 32 points and brother Justin Johnson added 15 as the Pirates jumped out to an early lead and took care of business the rest of the way to advance to the 1A quarterfinals for the first time in three years. Will Gilbert had 25 points to lead West Ridge Academy.
At the break, Green River leads by 15 points, 31-16. The Pirates ripped open the game by outscoring West Ridge, 25-11 in the second quarter.
END OF GAME
Green River did what it needed to do in the second half and won to advance to the quarterfinals against Piute. The Pirates did a nice job of weathering West Ridge's runs in the second half to win fairly comfortably.
|West Ridge Academy||Points||3pt||Rebounds||Assists||Steals|
- LDS faith helps keep things in perspective...
- LDS position on gay, religious rights may...
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- With Kyle Collinsworth out, BYU rebounds and...
- New mission presidents
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Streamlined FanX event is a win for Salt Lake...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our thoughts...
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies... 19
- Dick Harmon: College football... 14
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit... 12
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one... 11
- High school football: Riverton coach... 7
- East High linebacker Christian Folau... 6