High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
|West Ridge Academy||5||11||12||18||46|
Green River totals
Field goals: 24 Free-throws: 7 -13 (53.8%)
West Ridge Academy totals
Field goals: 18 Free-throws: 8 -18 (44.4%)
Jason Johnson poured in 32 points and brother Justin Johnson added 15 as the Pirates jumped out to an early lead and took care of business the rest of the way to advance to the 1A quarterfinals for the first time in three years. Will Gilbert had 25 points to lead West Ridge Academy.
At the break, Green River leads by 15 points, 31-16. The Pirates ripped open the game by outscoring West Ridge, 25-11 in the second quarter.
END OF GAME
Green River did what it needed to do in the second half and won to advance to the quarterfinals against Piute. The Pirates did a nice job of weathering West Ridge's runs in the second half to win fairly comfortably.
|West Ridge Academy||Points||3pt||Rebounds||Assists||Steals|
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback...
- Ex-Tabiona High teacher sent to prison for...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 21
- Woods Cross airs it out in Region 6 win... 3
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Jeremy... 3
- High school football: Felt's Facts,... 2
- American Fork's solid defense gets it... 2
- High school sports: Friday's football... 1
- High school football: Herriman... 1
- High school football: Murray wins first... 1