High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 17 Free-throws: 8 -16 (50.0%)
Field goals: 13 Free-throws: 22 -31 (71.0%)
Dallin Duncan finished with 18 points and 16 rebounds, and the Buckaroos made just enough plays down the stretch to survive and advance at the 1A tournament. Shad Thomas scored 12 points to lead Duchesne offensively, and center Shiaba Allen added 10 points and 10 rebounds.
With two quarters in the books, Monticello, the No. 1 seed from Region 19, leads by nine points, 28-19. Dallin Duncan leads the way for Monticello with 11 points and a hugely impressive 10 first-half rebounds. Kendyl Maughan has added seven and Cory Young has six. Meanwhile, Devan Jones has scored six points to lead Duchesne offensively.
END OF GAME
Monticello dodged a ton of bullets down the stretch to survive and post a big first-round win over Duchesne here at the Sevier Valley Center. Duchesne pulled within one point within 1:27 to go, but couldn't get any closer. At the other end, the Buckaroos made 4-of-6 free throws to hold on.
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- LDS Church releases statement on construction...
- ABC's 'Nightline' takes a look into the lives...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run for...
- 9 Mormon moments in Sundance Film Festival...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies... 19
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 18
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one... 11
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit... 11
- High school football: Riverton coach... 7
- A Super Bowl 1st-timer, Utah native... 3
- Dick Harmon: College football... 2