High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 15 Free-throws: 9 -13 (69.2%)
Field goals: 19 Free-throws: 10 -16 (62.5%)
Leading by one, Tabiona ripped off a 12-2 run to begin the fourth quarter and held on from there to advance to the quarterfinal round of the 1A tournament. Star forward Robbie Giles finished with 19 points eight of those came in the fourth and teammates Gerald Van Tassell (12) and Dane Rhoades (11) also finished in double figures for the Tigers. Lance Maxwell led Valley offensively with 14 points.
At the break, Tabiona leads the Buffaloes by seven, 21-14, in the opening game of the 1A boys basketball tournament. Behind the play of Gerald Van Tassell, Robbie Giles and Dane Rhoades, Tabiona sprinted out to an 18-8 lead at the end of the first quarter but cooled off considerably after that. Valley held the Tigers to just three points in the second period to close the gap to seven at halftime.
END OF GAME
Leading by just a point at the start of the fourth quarter, Tabiona ripped off a clutch 12-2 run to post a victory in the opening round. Robbie Giles scored the first six points of the fourth quarter and was big -- literally and figuratively -- for the Tigers.
|VAN TASSELL, Gerald||12||2|
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- American Fork's solid defense gets it... 4
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Jeremy... 3
- High school football: Jordan's Austin... 3
- High school football: North Sanpete,... 1
- High School Volleyball: Panguitch,... 1
- Girls soccer: Brighton Bengals bury the... 1
- High school football: Felt's Facts for... 1