High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 15 Free-throws: 9 -13 (69.2%)
Field goals: 19 Free-throws: 10 -16 (62.5%)
Leading by one, Tabiona ripped off a 12-2 run to begin the fourth quarter and held on from there to advance to the quarterfinal round of the 1A tournament. Star forward Robbie Giles finished with 19 points eight of those came in the fourth and teammates Gerald Van Tassell (12) and Dane Rhoades (11) also finished in double figures for the Tigers. Lance Maxwell led Valley offensively with 14 points.
At the break, Tabiona leads the Buffaloes by seven, 21-14, in the opening game of the 1A boys basketball tournament. Behind the play of Gerald Van Tassell, Robbie Giles and Dane Rhoades, Tabiona sprinted out to an 18-8 lead at the end of the first quarter but cooled off considerably after that. Valley held the Tigers to just three points in the second period to close the gap to seven at halftime.
END OF GAME
Leading by just a point at the start of the fourth quarter, Tabiona ripped off a clutch 12-2 run to post a victory in the opening round. Robbie Giles scored the first six points of the fourth quarter and was big -- literally and figuratively -- for the Tigers.
|VAN TASSELL, Gerald||12||2|
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Super Bowl quarterback Tom Brady relies on...
- ABC's 'Nightline' takes a look into the lives...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Why you don't want your...
- Utah secures commitments from two of Utah...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- 'Studio C' cast talks to LDS teens about...
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 38
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies... 19
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'... 14
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one... 9
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit... 5
- A Super Bowl 1st-timer, Utah native... 3
- High school football: Riverton coach... 2
- 'In Football We Trust' puts a religious... 1