High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 14 -29 (48.3%) Free-throws: 14 -18 (77.8%)
Judge Memorial totals
Field goals: 9 -36 (25.0%) Free-throws: 5 -10 (50.0%)
The Wasps got 22 points from Mike Brown which was more than enough to lead Wasatch to the 3A state title on a night when Judge struggled mightily from the field shooting just 25 percent. Wasatch wraps up the season with a 24-1 record.
- It's a pretty fast pace here to start the 3A championship with Wasatch leading early 5-4.
- The pace has slowed down a bit thanks to some cold shooting by both teams. Wasatch is shooting 30 percent in the first quarter, while Judge is shooting a respectable 42 percent. Wasatch leads 10-8 after the first quarter.
- Wasatch has scored the first five points of the second quarter to open up a 15-8 lead with 5:48 remaining in the quarter.
- It's looking more and more like Friday's semifinal between Hurricane and Wasatch was the real championship game. Judge was awful in the second quarter turning it over seven times and and missing all three shots in being outscored 13-0.
- Judge finally halted its 12-minute long scoring drought with a three-point play by Will Whitt with 3:41 remaining in the third quarter to cut the deficit to 27-11.
- Wasatch is effectively shorting this game with a very methodically offensive approach and at this point it would take a miracle for Judge to climb back into this game.
- Wasatch has turned it over six times in the third quarter, but Judge just can't take advantage.
- Judge is trying to make things interesting now only down 32-22 with 3:53 remaining in the game. Already this quarter Judge has scored 11 points, which is just as many as it scored in the first three quarters combined.
- Judge has scored on five straight possessions while Wasatch seems to have become complacent with the big lead.
- Since cutting it to 10, Judge has missed two 3-pointers which could've made things very interesting here at UVU. Instead, Wasatch has extended the lead to 11 and has another free throw after a timeout to try and increase it to a dozen.
- Wasatch has pushed the lead back to 15 and this game is all but over with 1:21 remaining.
- Son shares story of miraculous reunion with...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Is your financial house in order? 10...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph Smith's vision of...
- Why my husband never sleeps on the couch and...
- BYU Museum of Art acquires previously lost...
- The Clean Cut: Stuttering comedian wins over...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...