High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
South Sevier totals
Field goals: 14 Free-throws: 4 -8 (50.0%)
Field goals: 11 Free-throws: 12 -22 (54.5%)
The Beavers used a 16-1 over the final 9:20 of regulation to rally from a 12 point deficit and advance to the 2A championship game. Brittany Griffiths had 11 points, six rebounds, three assists and three steals to lead Beaver. Dayna Monroe scored 14 points to lead the Rams.
Quite an exciting finish to the quarter. South Sevier scores on three straight possessions to take a 9-2 lead. Beaver then converts a 3-point play and hits a 3-pointer to cut the lead to one in the final minute. Dayna Monroe is having a big game for the Rams with eight points -- including two 3-pointers in that initial 9-2 spurt.
South Sevier opens the quarter on an incredible spurt. The Rams score baskets on their first six possessions of the quarter to open up a 24-15 lead. Ironically, Beaver could be within a possession at the half if not for four missed free throws. Monroe has 12 points to lead all scorers.
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- Mormon coaches and callings: How they balance...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Deseret News previews of all 103 varsity...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- LDS Church announces new seminary graduation...
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- LDS Church announces feature-length...
- Football legend Brett Favre drops in on... 20
- High school football: West Jordan... 4
- High school football: Lone Peak Knights... 3
- High school girls soccer: Breakaway... 3
- Felt's Facts, Week 1: Where does... 3
- High school girls soccer: Defending... 2
- Parry's power guide to Utah high school... 1
- High school football: Nobody's running... 1