High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
South Sevier totals
Field goals: 14 Free-throws: 4 -8 (50.0%)
Field goals: 11 Free-throws: 12 -22 (54.5%)
The Beavers used a 16-1 over the final 9:20 of regulation to rally from a 12 point deficit and advance to the 2A championship game. Brittany Griffiths had 11 points, six rebounds, three assists and three steals to lead Beaver. Dayna Monroe scored 14 points to lead the Rams.
Quite an exciting finish to the quarter. South Sevier scores on three straight possessions to take a 9-2 lead. Beaver then converts a 3-point play and hits a 3-pointer to cut the lead to one in the final minute. Dayna Monroe is having a big game for the Rams with eight points -- including two 3-pointers in that initial 9-2 spurt.
South Sevier opens the quarter on an incredible spurt. The Rams score baskets on their first six possessions of the quarter to open up a 24-15 lead. Ironically, Beaver could be within a possession at the half if not for four missed free throws. Monroe has 12 points to lead all scorers.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- High school football: No. 1 Bingham... 21
- Parry's power guide to Utah high school... 10
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig... 5
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school... 4
- Postseason success will not impact... 4
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs... 1
- Big plays save Taylorsville as Warriors... 1
- Corner Canyon holds off pesky... 1