High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
South Sevier totals
Field goals: 14 Free-throws: 4 -8 (50.0%)
Field goals: 11 Free-throws: 12 -22 (54.5%)
The Beavers used a 16-1 over the final 9:20 of regulation to rally from a 12 point deficit and advance to the 2A championship game. Brittany Griffiths had 11 points, six rebounds, three assists and three steals to lead Beaver. Dayna Monroe scored 14 points to lead the Rams.
Quite an exciting finish to the quarter. South Sevier scores on three straight possessions to take a 9-2 lead. Beaver then converts a 3-point play and hits a 3-pointer to cut the lead to one in the final minute. Dayna Monroe is having a big game for the Rams with eight points -- including two 3-pointers in that initial 9-2 spurt.
South Sevier opens the quarter on an incredible spurt. The Rams score baskets on their first six possessions of the quarter to open up a 24-15 lead. Ironically, Beaver could be within a possession at the half if not for four missed free throws. Monroe has 12 points to lead all scorers.
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- ABC's 'Nightline' takes a look into the lives...
- LDS Church releases statement on construction...
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- BYU football players gather for 30 year...
- BYUtv releases 'New Day for the Book of...
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 22
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies... 19
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit... 12
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one... 11
- Dick Harmon: College football... 8
- High school football: Riverton coach... 7
- A Super Bowl 1st-timer, Utah native... 3