High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Canyon View totals
Field goals: 16 Free-throws: 6 -10 (60.0%)
Field goals: 21 Free-throws: 12 -17 (70.6%)
Richfield is moving onto the 3A championship game after a dominating final 10 minutes against Canyon View in the semifinal. Following an impressive 10-0 run by the Falcons leveled the score at 32-32 with 1:18 remaining in the third quarter, Richfield closed the game on a 26-14 run. Brooke Bliss led the way with 18 points for Richfield, with teammate Shacari Hinck adding 14.
Richfield is off to a very hot start here at UVU as it made 8 of 11 shots in the first quarter to open up a 16-9 lead. Canyon View is shooting badly at 40 percent, but the Wildcats clearly are feeling it early in this 3A semifinal.
Richfield's hot shooting has slowed down a bit, but not much. The Wildcats have doubled up Canyon View and lead 28-14 at the half as they've made 13-of-24 fields goals (54 percent).
Canyon View only made 3 of 11 shots in the second quarter and are shooting 33 percent here at UVU in the first half.
The Falcons have opened the third on an 8-0 run and now only trail 38-22 with 6:33 remaining in the quarter. We'll see if a timeout by Richfield's coach can quell his team's dry spell.
Tori McGrath has scored six straight points late in the third quarter and the Falcons now only trail 32-28 with 2:54 remaining in the quarter. Impressive considering they trailed by 14 at the half.
Canyon View came storming back and tied the game at 32-32 on four more straight points by McGrath, but Richfield responded with a three-point play from Brooke Bliss in the final minute, and then two free throws by Natalie Niemann with 8.2 seconds remaining to regain the 37-32 lead at the end of the quarter.
Just as quickly as Canyon VIew used a 10-0 run to tie the game late in the third quarter, Richfield has ripped off a 10-0 run of its own to open up a 42-32 lead with 6:30 remaining in the game.
Well, it looks like Richfield's debut season in Class 3A will be ending with an appearance in the 3A championship game. After a big Canyon View comeback to tie the game, the Wildcats have gone on a 16-3 run and lead comfortably by 13 with 2:55 remaining in the game.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- High school football: Playoff pictures... 12
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation... 11
- High school football: Parry's Power... 7
- High school girls soccer: State... 3
- Felt's Facts, week 10: State records... 2
- Photo gallery: Utah Youth Rugby Alpine... 1
- High school girls soccer: Lone Peak... 1
- High school girls soccer: Dunn's golden... 1