High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Mountain Crest totals
Field goals: 14 -48 (29.2%) Free-throws: 17 -21 (81.0%)
Field goals: 13 -42 (31.0%) Free-throws: 19 -31 (61.3%)
Mountain Crest took large leads in the first half only to have the Timberwolves come back on them in the third quarter. Eventually the two teams went into overtime only to see the Timberwolves come away victorious in the extra session. Morgan Bailey led the T-Wolves with 16 points and 11 boards.
Mountain Crest's strategy is obvious after one quarter: make anyone but Morgan Bailey beat the Mustangs. So far it's working as Bailey didn't score until there were 20 seconds left in the quarter. Jordanne Wilden leads Mountain Crest with six points so far in what's shaping up to be a defensive struggle.
Mountain Crest has taken control of this game with its defense. Timpanogos is hardly getting any quality looks at the basket and is shooting 16 percent. Timpanogos is staying in the game by playing good defense, but it needs to put some good possessions together to have a shot at winning. Mountain Crest leads 20-13 at halftime.
The score by quarter gadget won't work so it'll be updated here. Mountain Crest leads 24-23 with 3 minutes left in the third. The Timberwolves scored seven straight points to tie it at 23-23.End of third: Timpanogos outscored Mountain Crest 14-3 to close the third and lead 30-26. The Timberwolves found some things to work and got Morgan Bailey going.
Mountain Crest made a comeback to not only tie things up but lead with less than two minutes left in the game, but Morgan Bailey launched a 3 to tie it up and neither team could score afterward, putting the game straight into overtime.
The Timberwolves started overtime strong, and rebounding by Morgan Bailey played a huge part in Timpanogos taking a four point lead. With :53 remaining in the game, Mountain Crest has the ball and are down 45-41.
Shelby Rudd and Brynn Foster made big plays to bring the Mustangs back to within one with 5 seconds left, but Megan Riggs hit a pair from the line to give her team the 3 point advantage and Alexa Anderson stole the ball to finish off the Timberwolf victory.
- Jim McMahon: 37 years later, former BYU star...
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- Peavler: 3 is a magic number for BYU after...
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- BYU's Hill has come a long way since loss at...
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will not go...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 51
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Jeremy... 3
- American Fork's solid defense gets it... 3
- High school cross-country: East junior,... 1
- High school football: Rich overpowers... 1
- Vigil brothers answer call when Aggies... 1
- High school football: North Sanpete,... 1