High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 18 -35 (51.4%) Free-throws: 9 -9 (100.0%)
Field goals: 15 -35 (42.9%) Free-throws: 28 -31 (90.3%)
McKay Murdock tallied 19 points and Trevor Bamgartner chipped in with 14 more as the Wasps won a thrilling semifinal game against the Tigers. Wasatch made 27-of-30 free throws to pull out the victory. Anderson Rich led Hurricane with 21 points on six 3-pointers, but he picked up a costly technical foul with 42 seconds remaining and his team only down three. Wasatch scored five quick points after the technical foul to ice the game.
Trevor Bamgartner spurred the Wasatch attack with eight first quarter points.
The Tigers held Wasatch's Mike Brown, 3A's third-leading scorer to zero points until he scored off an alley-oop with 1:15 remaining in the half.
Hurricane's Anderson Rich has hit a big three everytime it looks like Wasatch might pull away, ending the half with nine to lead the Tigers.
Anderson Rich hit two more big threes and Zach Sorenson crashed the boards to help the Tigers cut it to two to end the third.
McKay Murdock led Wasatch with six in the quarter to keep the Wasps in the lead.
Wasps open up a six-point lead off a pair of free throws and a steal converted for a lay-up to start the fourth.
A couple of 3-pointers by Zach Sorenson, and then three free throws by Anderson Rich have the Tigers right back in this game at 46-44 with 1:48 remaining in the game.
Hurricane's Zach Sorenson just fouled out with 1:48 remaining.
:54 Mike Brown's steal and lay-up makes the Wasatch lead six.
:45 Anderson Rich hits another three to cut the lead to three.
Anderson Rich fouls out at the :41 mark and then gets T-ed up walking off the floor to give the Wasps two free throws and the ball.
Murdock hits both technical free throws and Bamgartner hits the two from the foul to put the Wasps up seven.
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- LDS Church releases statement on construction...
- ABC's 'Nightline' takes a look into the lives...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Why you don't want your...
- Report: ACC changes stance, now considers BYU...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 38
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies... 19
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'... 14
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one... 9
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit... 7
- A Super Bowl 1st-timer, Utah native... 3
- High school football: Riverton coach... 2
- 'In Football We Trust' puts a religious... 1