High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Pine View totals
Field goals: 16 -46 (34.8%) Free-throws: 11 -12 (91.7%)
Field goals: 20 -36 (55.6%) Free-throws: 10 -16 (62.5%)
The Timberwolves held off a late rally by Pine View to advance to the semifinals. Pine View went on an 11-0 run to get within two points with 32.4 seconds remaining, but Timpanogos was able to prevail. Morgan Bailey had 26 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Timberwolves. Rachael Spinks had 21 points and nine boards for Pine View. Sadi Dias had 17 points, two assists and three steals for the Panthers.
FIRST QUARTERIt was an entertaining first quarter with both offenses playing crisply. Morgan Bailey and Rachael Spinks are dueling near the basket while Sadi Dias and Alexa Anderson are playing well.
HALFTIMEPine View fell behind by eight in the second quarter before battling back to tie it. Sadi Dias has been the sparkplug for the Panthers, as she has 12 points. She drained a 3-pointer from NBA range to start a 7-0 mini-run that closed the second quarter. Rachael Spinks picked up her third foul with 3:04 left in the second quarter. The Panthers played well without her.Morgan Bailey has mostly been unstoppable for Timpanogos when she gets the ball. The Timberwolves seemingly have been in control of the game. They can't feel great about things at this point, having outplayed Pine View but have no lead to show for it.
THIRD QUARTERTimpanogos was able to pull away in the third quarter thanks to great defense and superb offensive play by Morgan Bailey. Pine View made just basket in the third and looks a little gassed at this point.
- Ex-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- 6 Mormon sisters share uplifting music with...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- BYU, Utah fans react to Max Hall's arrest...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- High school football: No. 1 Bingham... 21
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig... 7
- Postseason success will not impact... 4
- High school sports: Preps of the week 2
- Big plays save Taylorsville as Warriors... 2
- Photo gallery: Lone Peak defeats Alta... 2
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs... 1
- Corner Canyon holds off pesky... 1