High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Pleasant Grove totals
Field goals: 18 -56 (32.1%) Free-throws: 9 -11 (81.8%)
Field goals: 11 -56 (19.6%) Free-throws: 12 -16 (75.0%)
Jenifer Hamson led the Vikings with 28 points, 18 rebounds and nine blocks as Pleasant Grove advances to play American Fork for the third time this season.
End of the first and it's Clearfield 14, Jennifer Hamson 8. The Vikings can't get much going, but Hamson is collecting all of the rebounds and putting them back in.Mackenzie Day is leading the Falcons from the perimeter and with up-and-unders on the inside.
The Vikings outscored Clearfield in the second period, but by just one point. Neither team could get anything going or grab an ounce of momentum. Jennifer Hamson added four more points to her total of 12, and another PG player, Britney Johnson, finally got on the board with a jumper to start the scoring three minutes into the quarter. Jessica Watson added a layup and two foul shots as the Falcons try to go at Hamson and get something on the inside.
The game finally gets some flow as Hamson opens up a 10-0 run all on her own. The senior Already has 22 points, 11 rebounds and seven blocks. Hannah Frye hit a 3-pointer that bounced off the top of the backboard twice but other than that, the Falcon offense has been stagnant. Hamson took a seat for the final minute of the period and all scoring stopped - for both teams.
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU past...
- How would LDS be affected by renewed US-Cuba...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Canada man finds an Elizabeth Gallagher for...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...