High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
American Fork totals
Though the game wasn't particularly pretty, the Cavemen did pull it out with some solid play down the stretch. A couple of steals and a couple of layups gave them just enough to slip past Fremont and into the 5A semifinals. Makenzie Moea'i led the team with 13 points and 11 rebounds. Kelsie Bell led the Silver Wolves with 15 points, five boards and five steals.
With the game tied at 4, Amy Krommenhoek drained a trey to give American Fork the lead.
LaChere Earl drained a three with the Silver Wolves down 11-8 to even things up. Then Kelsie Bell hit her second shot to give Fremont the lead to end the quarter.
Defense and missed shots took over, leaving neither team with much scoring 6 minutes into the quarter as American Fork has scored 5 in the period to Fremont's 4.
Each team scored a single field goal in the second quarter as their field goal percentages plummeted.
Grace Farnsworth and Makenzie Moea'i led the Cavemen to a nice start in the third.
LaChere Earl made it a little closer at 23-20 American Fork when she hit her second trey. But American Fork missed 4 early free throws, which kept things closer.
After American Fork took a 6-point lead, the Silver Wolves came back from the free throw line, closing the gap to 28-25.
Though the Cavemen kept threatening to grab a large lead, the Silver Wolves kept yanking them back and keeping things close.
Fremont started the fourth with a flourish, taking a 38-34 lead on some nice play by Kelsie Bell and a trey by LaChere Earl. But the Cavemen used some hustle defense to get back into it and take a 41-38 lead with 1:08 left in the game.
12 seconds remaining: Grace Farnsworth to the line for American Fork with a 41-38 lead. Hits the first of two free throws. Fremont calls a time out.
Farnsworth back at the line to shoot the second of two. She missed. Fremont rebound.
LaChere Earl hits a three pointer with 2.5 seconds remaining in the game to make the score 42-41.Timeout.
American Fork Moea'i fouled with 1.9 seconds left. Hits the first. Misses the second.Timeout Fremont. 1.6 seconds left.
Fremont throws ball out of bounds to end the game.American Fork sneaks away with the victory.
- Mormon mom, Mrs. Mexico, sticks to her...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Arizona family shares Christmas greetings...
- Silent star: Detroit Lions rookie Ziggy Ansah...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- Doug Robinson: Best and worst of the college...
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- High school football: East's Ula... 37
- High school football: 5A All-State teams 22
- Mountain View hires former Timpview... 19
- High school football: 3AA all-state teams 15
- Preps of the week: T.J. Haws, Lone Peak... 9
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News... 6
- High school wrestling: Defending state... 5
- High school football: 4A all-state teams 5