High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 15 -38 (39.5%) Free-throws: 11 -18 (61.1%)
Field goals: 11 -61 (18.0%) Free-throws: 8 -19 (42.1%)
The Eagles held Taylorsville to just 18 percent shooting from the floor, and Katie Walker and Hannah Bezdjian combined for 22 points to lift Skyline in the 5A playoffs. The Eagles will meet Syracuse in the semifinals at SLCC on Friday at 2:15 p.m.
HALFTIME REPORTIt was a sloppy first half for both teams, as they combined to commit 25 turnovers. It also appeared that the game was played on the streets of Oakland with all the mugging going on in the paint in the first half.Skyline has led throughout the contest, but hasn't looked real sharp in doing so. Miquelle Askew is in foul trouble with three fouls at the break. Hannah Bezdijan has picked up the scoring for the Eagles with six points.Taylorsville overcame some early jitters to make this a close game. Saane Lo'amanu leads the Warriors with five points.
THIRD QUARTER REPORTThe final 25 seconds of the third quarter may prove to be the difference in the game. The Eagles were only up two before Whitney Jenkins converted a three-point play and Katie Walker hit a runner as time expired in the quarter. Skyline now has some breathing room with a seven-point lead.
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Davis County honor student arrested in deaths...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Police locate West Point teen called 'person...
- Abercrombie & Fitch CEO posts statement on...
- Woman uses public punishment to teach a...
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 55
- High school soccer: 5A, 4A state... 6
- High school baseball: Snow Canyon... 6
- LIVE TODAY: Deseret News live streaming... 5
- High school football: Orem player... 3
- High school girls track: Davis wins... 3
- High school boys track: Davis wins... 3
- Randy Hollis: Coach Phil Russell made a... 3