High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
North Sevier totals
Field goals: 10 Free-throws: 8 -10 (80.0%)
Field goals: 14 Free-throws: 4 -9 (44.4%)
Neal Monson scored 20 of his game-high 29 points in the second half to help the Ravens advance to the semifinals. Monson also finished with 16 rebounds, seven blocked shots and three steals to lead Waterford. The Ravens held North Sevier to 21.7 percent shooting from the field for the game.
Both teams commit three turnovers apiece by the 5:03 mark of the quarter. Waterford is much better offensively though. The Ravens hit three of their first four baskets, taking a 7-0 lead on Monson's put back basket at the 6:25 mark.
Sloppiness continues with both teams combining for nine total turnovers in the quarter.
Wolves: 1-7 FG; Ravens: 4-11 FG.
Waterford is able to push its lead to double digits twice in the quarter. The last time on a Neal Monson hook shot and free throw that makes it 19-8 with 13.5 seconds left before halftime.
North Sevier cuts the lead to six at 19-13 on a 3-pointer from Jaden Gurney. Monson answers by personally fueling a 10-0 run for Waterford - capped off by his 3-point play with 51.4 seconds left in the quarter - to make it 29-13 for the Ravens.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- American Fork's solid defense gets it... 5
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Jeremy... 3
- High school football: Jordan's Austin... 3
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5 2
- Girls soccer: Brighton Bengals bury the... 2
- High school football: North Sanpete,... 1
- High School Volleyball: Panguitch,... 1