High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Judge Memorial totals
Field goals: 14 Free-throws: 21 -31 (67.7%)
Desert Hills totals
Field goals: 14 Free-throws: 18 -22 (81.8%)
Judge holds on and advances to the semifinals despite an impressive second-half rally by Desert Hills which trailed by nine at the half. The Bulldogs never trailed after halftime, but still needed overtime to pull out the win. Will Whitt led Judge with 14 points, while Zach Myaer chipped in with 13.
Judge leads 8-7 after a sloppy first quarter for both teams. Both are shooting the ball very poorly from the field, but a lot of that has to do with tenacious defense by both teams.
Judge has opened up a 21-14 lead at the half as Desert Hills continues to struggle from the field as it has made just 4-of-21 field goals.
There's a very good chance Judge will be given two extra points to start the second half. Early in the first quarter there apparently was apparently a quick steal on an inbounds pass that Zach Myaer converted into a quick lay-up. None of the official stat keepers saw the basket, and so Judge only leads 21-14 at the momentum. Just before the refs went into the locker room, they consulted with the official scorekeepers at it would seem that Judge will be given the basket after halftime and will now lead 23-14.
Desert Hills has methodically climbed back into this game with some impressive defensive here in the fourth quarter and now only trails 39-39 with 1:56 remaining in the game as Tanner Atkin has scored four straight points.
There are 4.2 seconds remaining after Judge turned the ball over, and Desert Hills has now called a timeout. Judge stalled 60 seconds off the clock before attacking the basket and turning it over on an entry pass into the paint.
We're heading to overtime as Desert Hills was unable to get a shot off in the final 4.2 seconds.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- 5 parenting lessons learned from movies
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Wet, cool August delivered more than twice...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- High school football: No. 1 Bingham... 21
- Parry's power guide to Utah high school... 9
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school... 4
- Postseason success will not impact... 4
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig... 3
- High school football: Provo off to a... 1
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs... 1
- Corner Canyon holds off pesky... 1