High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 20 Free-throws: 20 -29 (69.0%)
Field goals: 8 Free-throws: 4 -23 (17.4%)
After falling behind early in the second half, the top-ranked Wasps used a spirited effort the rest of the way to pull away from Morgan and advance to the 3A semifinals. Wasatch will face Hurricane at 7:30 p.m. on Friday. Trevor Bamgartner led Wasatch with 29 points, with Jake Hobbs chipping in with 13.
Wasatch got off to a quick start in jumping out to a 7-0 lead, but Morgan worked its way back into the game and is now tied after the first quarter.
After falling behind 17-15 with 3:26 remaining in the half, Wasatch went on an 8-0 run to increase its lead back to 23-17. At the break, the Wasps now lead 23-19. Morgan has hung tough with the top-ranked team in 3A, but it has committed nine turnovers, an aspect to its game it will need to clean up in the second half.
The Trojans have opened the third quarter on a 7-2 run, and a Braden Saunders 3-pointer with 4:57 remaining has now given Morgan a 26-25 lead.
As expected the pace really picked up in the third quarter, with the teams trading buckets midway through the quarter. However, down 32-29 with four minutes remaining the Wasps went on a 10-0 run to extend its lead to 39-32 before Trevor Ewing hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer cutting into Wasatch's lead at 39-35.
Trevor Ewing hit two big 3-pointers for Morgan early in the fourth quarter, but the Wasps very quickly responded and a 7-2 run now has them in front 52-44 with 4:30 remaining in the game.
With 1:33 remaining in the game, the Wasps have opened up a 57-50 lead as they've capitalized on two straight Morgan turnovers.
- LDS missionary critically injured in Oklahoma...
- Friday night lights central: Scores, stories,...
- Doug Robinson: BYU's schedule is a football...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS Ice...
- Dick Harmon: 5 former BYU quarterbacks could...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Watch: LDS bishop featured in 'Meet the...
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- Football legend Brett Favre drops in on... 21
- High school football: Duchesne wins... 6
- High school football: West Jordan... 5
- Felt's Facts, Week 1: Where does... 5
- High school girls soccer: Breakaway... 3
- High school football: Pleasant Grove... 3
- High school sports: Thursday's roundup 2
- High school girls soccer: Defending... 2