High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 15 Free-throws: 9 -12 (75.0%)
Field goals: 17 Free-throws: 12 -18 (66.7%)
Richfield's Chelsee Willardson scored her team's final five points in the fourth quarter as the Wildcats rallied for a thrilling victory over defending 3A champions Wasatch. Richfield led for most of the game, but the Wasps led late in the fourth quarter before Willardson snatched it back late. Willardson finished with 13 points to lead Richfield, while Katrina Baird led the Wasps with 15 points.
Katrina Baird's lay-up with 7:10 remaining just gave Wasatch its first lead of the game at 32-31. The Wasps trailed by as many as 10 points earlier in the game. It should be an exciting finish to this 3A quarterfinal.
Richfield takes a 43-42 lead on a layup by Chelsee Willardson with 1:02 remaining, and then extends it to 45-42 on a Willardson lay-up with 16 seconds left in the game.
Wasatch's Katrina Baird misses a baseline 3-pointer from five seconds remaining, and Richfield grabs the rebound and is fouled with 2.8 seconds remaining.
- Job insecurity is the new normal. Here's how...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...