High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 22 Free-throws: 10 -16 (62.5%)
Mountain Crest totals
Field goals: 19 Free-throws: 15 -23 (65.2%)
The Rams defeated the Mustangs in the first round of the 4A state tournament with full-court, man-to-man defense and some timely free throws.
With 57 seconds left and facing a four-point deficit, Rams' senior Chanel Roe grabbed an offensive rebound, made a basket and then seconds later, stole a Mtn. Crest pass and scored to tie the game at 44-44.
The teams traded free throws in the overtime, until the final 30 seconds. With 19 seconds left, Roe grabbed a defensive rebound, but the Rams missed the layup. Kave Lea'aetoa got the offensive board and made the put back. She was fouled and made the free throw as well to give Highland a four-point lead.
Roe led the Rams with 17 points and 12 rebounds, while Mxsa Kafi added 10 points and eight steals.
The Mustangs were led by Brynn Foster, who scored 15 points and earned four steals, as well as, Jordi Willden who scored 13 points and earned 15 rebounds. Shelby Rudd added 13 points and two steals in the loss.
- Security, authorities detain woman...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Why my husband never sleeps on the couch and...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- 'Saturday's Warrior' director shares details...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Do you fit the Mormon...
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...