High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 10 Free-throws: 11 -12 (91.7%)
Field goals: 10 Free-throws: 9 -12 (75.0%)
The top-ranked Wasps overcame a 14-point deficit to keep their unbeaten season alive. A 3-pointer by MaKayle Price gave the Wasps their first lead of the game in the third quarter at 27-25 and they held on to win.
Tara Gehring scored 17 points and made three 3-pointers for Wasatch. Carbon was led by Magan Garvin's 12 points.
Third quarter report:
MaKayle Price hit a 3-pointer with 1:13 remaining in the third quarter to give Wasatch its first lead of the game at 27-25. It also gave the Wasps eight consecutive points.
Both teams had one possession after Price's 3 and they failed to score. The game could be decided in the opening moments of the fourth.
After falling behind 16-2, the unbeaten Wasps started to get things going. Carbon isn't letting them do much in transition, so the Wasps have had to be patient and take what's given.
It still seems as if it is Wasatch's game to win. The Wasps don't want to wait too long to make their move after halftime.
Carbon, led by Megan Garvin's eight points, has been balanced on offense.
First quarter report:
The Wasps are completely out of sync on offense, and that obviously has a lot to do with the defense being played by Carbon. The Wasps are missing badly on shots - airballs, back-of-the-rim type of misses. They didn't get on the scoreboard until MaKayle Price scored with 1:39 left in the quarter.
Megan Garvin has been solid for the Dinos, whose confidence seems to be growing.
- LDS faith helps keep things in perspective...
- LDS position on gay, religious rights may...
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- With Kyle Collinsworth out, BYU rebounds and...
- New mission presidents
- LDS Church releases statement on construction...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- BYU guard Tyler Haws passes Danny Ainge for...
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies... 19
- Dick Harmon: College football... 14
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit... 12
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one... 11
- High school football: Riverton coach... 7
- East High linebacker Christian Folau... 6