High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 12 -46 (26.1%) Free-throws: 13 -18 (72.2%)
Field goals: 16 -55 (29.1%) Free-throws: 2 -7 (28.6%)
Monticello won it's first state title in 20 years with a victory over second-ranked Panguitch. The Buckaroos were led by 1A tournament MVP Sheldon Black, who scored 15 points and grabbed seven rebounds. Teammate Austin Maloy added seven points and six rebounds, while earning three steals, and Dillon Maughan scored six points and earned four rebounds. Sophomore Matt Freestone came off the bench and earned four blocked shots.
The second-place Bobcats were led by senior Keldon Norris, who scored 13 points, while senior Tyce Barney scored nine points, grabbed eight rebounds and earned two assists.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia team...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: BYU football's first...
- Six arrested in wild Utah County kidnapping;...
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No. 23 in...
- 'Living nightmare' almost over for daughters...
- Parry's Power Guide: Week 4 5
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Jeremy... 3
- High school football: Felt's Facts,... 2
- Woods Cross airs it out in Region 6 win... 2
- High school sports: Friday's football... 1
- High school football: Herriman... 1
- High school football: Murray wins first... 1
- High school cross-country: East junior,... 1