High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 12 -46 (26.1%) Free-throws: 13 -18 (72.2%)
Field goals: 16 -55 (29.1%) Free-throws: 2 -7 (28.6%)
Monticello won it's first state title in 20 years with a victory over second-ranked Panguitch. The Buckaroos were led by 1A tournament MVP Sheldon Black, who scored 15 points and grabbed seven rebounds. Teammate Austin Maloy added seven points and six rebounds, while earning three steals, and Dillon Maughan scored six points and earned four rebounds. Sophomore Matt Freestone came off the bench and earned four blocked shots.
The second-place Bobcats were led by senior Keldon Norris, who scored 13 points, while senior Tyce Barney scored nine points, grabbed eight rebounds and earned two assists.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has recovered...