High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 12 -46 (26.1%) Free-throws: 13 -18 (72.2%)
Field goals: 16 -55 (29.1%) Free-throws: 2 -7 (28.6%)
Monticello won it's first state title in 20 years with a victory over second-ranked Panguitch. The Buckaroos were led by 1A tournament MVP Sheldon Black, who scored 15 points and grabbed seven rebounds. Teammate Austin Maloy added seven points and six rebounds, while earning three steals, and Dillon Maughan scored six points and earned four rebounds. Sophomore Matt Freestone came off the bench and earned four blocked shots.
The second-place Bobcats were led by senior Keldon Norris, who scored 13 points, while senior Tyce Barney scored nine points, grabbed eight rebounds and earned two assists.
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail