High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Green River totals
Field goals: 21 -21 (100.0%) Free-throws: 11 -12 (91.7%)
Field goals: 18 -42 (42.9%) Free-throws: 26 -44 (59.1%)
the second-ranked Bobcats escaped an upset thanks to clutch play from Tyce Barney and near-perfect freethrow shooting from Keldon Norris down the stretch. Barney finished with 30 points and seven rebounds, while Norris added 10 points and went 8-of-9 in a game where most of his teammates struggled at the line.
"We're normally better than that," said head coach Clint Barney. "27-of-45, that's not going to cut it."
He said the players relied on their experience together in big games to pull off the win.
"They really enjoy each other, and they have confidence in each other," he said. He also credits some big defensive plays near the end for helping swing momentum in the Bobcats' favor. No play was bigger than Tyce Barney's 3-point shot with 1:29 to play.
"That was a big shot," coach Barney said of his oldest sons play. "That was a big momentum boost for us .I'm happy for him. He's had a great career."
In fact, if Tyce Barney can score 38 points in his next two games, he'll reach 2,000 points in his four-year career.
The Pirates were led by T.J. Hughes who scored 14 points and Chandler Pfander and Tyrell Shumway, both of whom added 12 points each in the loss.
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be what...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- David Archuleta, Mormon Tabernacle Choir,...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- Ogden home burglarized while family attends...