High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 19 -34 (55.9%) Free-throws: 17 -19 (89.5%)
Field goals: 21 -47 (44.7%) Free-throws: 13 -15 (86.7%)
OGDEN -- Logan shot the lights out all game to stun No. 1 Orem 65-60 with the 4A first round victory at the Dee Events Center Monday afternoon.
"It's an unbelievable feeling right now," said Logan coach Logan Brown. "We just accomplished something we knew we could we just had to play a perfect game and you saw that right there."
Logan led most of the game as it shot 56 percent form the field, 59 percent from 3-point range and 90 percent from the field.
Logan sophomore Tyler Brimhall was sensational finishing with 23 points (on 5 of 7 3-pointers) and eight rebounds.
Trailing most of the game, Orem took the lead several times in the fourth quarter, but Logan answered each time. Down the stretch, it sealed the game from the free throw line.
The Grizzlies advance to the 4A quarterfinals and will face East at 4:10 p.m. on Wednesday.
Logan finished in a fourth-place tie in Region 5 this season, and needed to win two play-in games just to qualify for the 16-team field at the Dee Events Center.
- LDS faith helps keep things in perspective...
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- New mission presidents
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- LDS position on gay, religious rights may...
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- Streamlined FanX event is a win for Salt Lake...
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies... 19
- Dick Harmon: College football... 14
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit... 12
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one... 11
- High school football: Riverton coach... 7
- East High linebacker Christian Folau... 6