High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 19 -34 (55.9%) Free-throws: 17 -19 (89.5%)
Field goals: 21 -47 (44.7%) Free-throws: 13 -15 (86.7%)
OGDEN -- Logan shot the lights out all game to stun No. 1 Orem 65-60 with the 4A first round victory at the Dee Events Center Monday afternoon.
"It's an unbelievable feeling right now," said Logan coach Logan Brown. "We just accomplished something we knew we could we just had to play a perfect game and you saw that right there."
Logan led most of the game as it shot 56 percent form the field, 59 percent from 3-point range and 90 percent from the field.
Logan sophomore Tyler Brimhall was sensational finishing with 23 points (on 5 of 7 3-pointers) and eight rebounds.
Trailing most of the game, Orem took the lead several times in the fourth quarter, but Logan answered each time. Down the stretch, it sealed the game from the free throw line.
The Grizzlies advance to the 4A quarterfinals and will face East at 4:10 p.m. on Wednesday.
Logan finished in a fourth-place tie in Region 5 this season, and needed to win two play-in games just to qualify for the 16-team field at the Dee Events Center.
- Alex Boye to make second appearance on NBC's...
- Job insecurity is the new normal. Here's how...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 20 things I wish I would have known before...
- Herbert pleads with Obama to stop any new...
- How government policy created ghettos,...
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...