High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 19 -34 (55.9%) Free-throws: 17 -19 (89.5%)
Field goals: 21 -47 (44.7%) Free-throws: 13 -15 (86.7%)
OGDEN -- Logan shot the lights out all game to stun No. 1 Orem 65-60 with the 4A first round victory at the Dee Events Center Monday afternoon.
"It's an unbelievable feeling right now," said Logan coach Logan Brown. "We just accomplished something we knew we could we just had to play a perfect game and you saw that right there."
Logan led most of the game as it shot 56 percent form the field, 59 percent from 3-point range and 90 percent from the field.
Logan sophomore Tyler Brimhall was sensational finishing with 23 points (on 5 of 7 3-pointers) and eight rebounds.
Trailing most of the game, Orem took the lead several times in the fourth quarter, but Logan answered each time. Down the stretch, it sealed the game from the free throw line.
The Grizzlies advance to the 4A quarterfinals and will face East at 4:10 p.m. on Wednesday.
Logan finished in a fourth-place tie in Region 5 this season, and needed to win two play-in games just to qualify for the 16-team field at the Dee Events Center.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Branden Bowen commits...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- High school football: Herriman gashes... 18
- High school football: Corner Canyon's... 9
- Red and Blue Recruits: Branden Bowen... 6
- High school football: Skyline's big... 4
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5 2
- American Fork rolls past Westlake in... 2
- High school football: Riverton rolls... 1
- High school football: Rich Rebels... 1