High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 19 -34 (55.9%) Free-throws: 17 -19 (89.5%)
Field goals: 21 -47 (44.7%) Free-throws: 13 -15 (86.7%)
OGDEN -- Logan shot the lights out all game to stun No. 1 Orem 65-60 with the 4A first round victory at the Dee Events Center Monday afternoon.
"It's an unbelievable feeling right now," said Logan coach Logan Brown. "We just accomplished something we knew we could we just had to play a perfect game and you saw that right there."
Logan led most of the game as it shot 56 percent form the field, 59 percent from 3-point range and 90 percent from the field.
Logan sophomore Tyler Brimhall was sensational finishing with 23 points (on 5 of 7 3-pointers) and eight rebounds.
Trailing most of the game, Orem took the lead several times in the fourth quarter, but Logan answered each time. Down the stretch, it sealed the game from the free throw line.
The Grizzlies advance to the 4A quarterfinals and will face East at 4:10 p.m. on Wednesday.
Logan finished in a fourth-place tie in Region 5 this season, and needed to win two play-in games just to qualify for the 16-team field at the Dee Events Center.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- The 9 most overlooked threats to a marriage
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- High school football: Brighton beats... 18
- High school football: Juan Diego... 13
- High school football: Orem continues to... 8
- Red and Blue Recruits: Utah's JUCO line... 5
- High school girls soccer: State... 3
- High school football: Thursday's roundup 2
- Salem Hills squeezes by Maple Mountain,... 2
- Wasatch defends home turf for first 4A... 1