High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Merit Academy totals
Field goals: 14 Free-throws: 8 -10 (80.0%)
South Sevier totals
Field goals: 22 Free-throws: 18 -24 (75.0%)
Race Parsons made history during South Sevier's easy 2A first round victory over Merit Academy on Saturday night.
The senior came into the playoffs with 1,996 career points, and he easily passed the 2,000-point mark with a whopping 36 points, becoming just the sixth player in state history to reach 2,000 career points.
Parsons moved into a fifth-place tie with Spanish Fork's Robbie Reid (1990-1993) on the career scoring list with 2,032 career points.
Gunnison's Gary Hill (1959-1963) owns the state record with 2,283 career points. Spanish Fork's Randy Reid (1986-1989) is second with 2,191 career points. Ben Lomond's Kurt Miller (1983-1987) with 2,153 points and Highland's Mike Maxwell (1975-1979) with 2,098.
South Sevier will likely play three more games this year, which means Parsons will likely surpass Maxwell for fourth-place all-time.
- 'Say Thanks': Facebook launches new feature...
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Home makeover honors refugee family's service...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 37
- High school football: Defense, big... 16
- High school football: Bingham accepts... 13
- High school football: Bingham defense... 12
- For his brothers: American Fork family... 11
- High school football: American Fork's... 10
- American Fork hopes to dethrone... 9
- High school football: Timpview... 8