High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 9 -32 (28.1%) Free-throws: 26 -38 (68.4%)
Field goals: 14 -44 (31.8%) Free-throws: 4 -8 (50.0%)
Orem proved worthy of their No. 1 ranking as they defeated No. 2 Bountiful in Friday's semifinal contest. Bountiful jumped out to an early 4-0 lead but the Tigers were quick to answer and scored seven straight points to finish the quarter with the lead. The contest was well matched in the second before a Bountiful surge in the third to end the quarter with a tie, 23-23. The fourth was all Orem, however, as the Tigers opened the final quarter with a run and never looked back. Senior Josh Pollard finished with a double-double, pulling down 11 rebounds to go along with his 13 points. The rest of the offense was earned through a well-distributed scoring effort. Jordan Darger, Dalton Nixon, Zach Hunsaker and Quinn Peters combined for 29 points in the win. Brit Harding led the Bountiful Braves with 14 points and eight rebounds in the loss. Orem advances to the final round and will look to earn the school's first championship in 56 years.
Watch a video replay:
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- College football: BYU receives votes in...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- Football position previews: We break down...
- First two stakes mark milestone as LDS Church...