High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 9 -32 (28.1%) Free-throws: 26 -38 (68.4%)
Field goals: 14 -44 (31.8%) Free-throws: 4 -8 (50.0%)
Orem proved worthy of their No. 1 ranking as they defeated No. 2 Bountiful in Friday's semifinal contest. Bountiful jumped out to an early 4-0 lead but the Tigers were quick to answer and scored seven straight points to finish the quarter with the lead. The contest was well matched in the second before a Bountiful surge in the third to end the quarter with a tie, 23-23. The fourth was all Orem, however, as the Tigers opened the final quarter with a run and never looked back. Senior Josh Pollard finished with a double-double, pulling down 11 rebounds to go along with his 13 points. The rest of the offense was earned through a well-distributed scoring effort. Jordan Darger, Dalton Nixon, Zach Hunsaker and Quinn Peters combined for 29 points in the win. Brit Harding led the Bountiful Braves with 14 points and eight rebounds in the loss. Orem advances to the final round and will look to earn the school's first championship in 56 years.
Watch a video replay:
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- LDS young man makes lasting impression on the...
- Two LDS temples will be closing for extensive...
- Obama signature all that's left in BYU's...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these two...