High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 9 -32 (28.1%) Free-throws: 26 -38 (68.4%)
Field goals: 14 -44 (31.8%) Free-throws: 4 -8 (50.0%)
Orem proved worthy of their No. 1 ranking as they defeated No. 2 Bountiful in Friday's semifinal contest. Bountiful jumped out to an early 4-0 lead but the Tigers were quick to answer and scored seven straight points to finish the quarter with the lead. The contest was well matched in the second before a Bountiful surge in the third to end the quarter with a tie, 23-23. The fourth was all Orem, however, as the Tigers opened the final quarter with a run and never looked back. Senior Josh Pollard finished with a double-double, pulling down 11 rebounds to go along with his 13 points. The rest of the offense was earned through a well-distributed scoring effort. Jordan Darger, Dalton Nixon, Zach Hunsaker and Quinn Peters combined for 29 points in the win. Brit Harding led the Bountiful Braves with 14 points and eight rebounds in the loss. Orem advances to the final round and will look to earn the school's first championship in 56 years.
Watch a video replay:
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Man charged with killing Ogden officer found...
- Provo couple killed in RV accident near St....
- Davis County honor student arrested in deaths...
- BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino leaves BYU...
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay unions...
- BYU, Utah and Utah State 2013 football...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- High school soccer: 5A, 4A state... 6
- LIVE TODAY: Deseret News live streaming... 5
- Randy Hollis: Coach Phil Russell made a... 4
- High school baseball: Layton holds on... 3
- Orem football player Ben Smith on the... 2
- High school baseball: Bingham shuts... 2
- High school boys soccer: Bountiful... 2