High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 17 -34 (50.0%) Free-throws: 20 -20 (100.0%)
American Fork totals
Field goals: 24 -62 (38.7%) Free-throws: 2 -5 (40.0%)
Brandon Miller scored 23 points, which included making 6 of 6 free throws in the final 36 seconds, as Brighton stunned American Fork to advance to the 5A semifinals. The Cavemen came into the state tournament as the top-ranked team in Utah, but Quincy Bair's 16 points weren't enough to get them over the hump.
Brighton trailed 45-42 heading into the fourth quarter, but outscored American Fork 17-8 in the final quarter. Brighton was scintillating shooting all day, making all 20 of its free throw attempts and shooting 50 percent from the field. American Fork was only 2 of 5 from the foul line and shot 38 percent from the field.
Chris Eixenberger came up big for Brighton with 14 points, with Zach Wertz adding 11.
Watch a video replay of this game below.
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Overwhelming reaction causes changes to...
- Why Syracuse mom killed her 2 daughters still...
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations against...
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of their...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Viral video: Mom gives 3-year-old a chance to...