High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 17 -34 (50.0%) Free-throws: 20 -20 (100.0%)
American Fork totals
Field goals: 24 -62 (38.7%) Free-throws: 2 -5 (40.0%)
Brandon Miller scored 23 points, which included making 6 of 6 free throws in the final 36 seconds, as Brighton stunned American Fork to advance to the 5A semifinals. The Cavemen came into the state tournament as the top-ranked team in Utah, but Quincy Bair's 16 points weren't enough to get them over the hump.
Brighton trailed 45-42 heading into the fourth quarter, but outscored American Fork 17-8 in the final quarter. Brighton was scintillating shooting all day, making all 20 of its free throw attempts and shooting 50 percent from the field. American Fork was only 2 of 5 from the foul line and shot 38 percent from the field.
Chris Eixenberger came up big for Brighton with 14 points, with Zach Wertz adding 11.
Watch a video replay of this game below.
- Mormon mom, Mrs. Mexico, sticks to her...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Arizona family shares Christmas greetings...
- Silent star: Detroit Lions rookie Ziggy Ansah...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- Doug Robinson: Best and worst of the college...
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- High school football: East's Ula... 37
- High school football: 5A All-State teams 22
- Mountain View hires former Timpview... 19
- High school football: 3AA all-state teams 15
- Preps of the week: T.J. Haws, Lone Peak... 9
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News... 6
- High school wrestling: Defending state... 5
- High school football: 4A all-state teams 5