High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Mountain Crest totals
Field goals: 18 -38 (47.4%) Free-throws: 14 -17 (82.4%)
Field goals: 21 -41 (51.2%) Free-throws: 10 -15 (66.7%)
Mountain Crest came out hard and earned a 13-point advantage in the first half. Provo experienced a sluggish start on defense but was able to rally in the second half to gain the lead and hold on for an advancement to the quarterfinals. Jonny Flake and Adam Finch led the Bulldogs with 32 combined points in the win. Finch finished with 15 of those points, including a pair of crucial 3-pointers in third quarter and a game-high nine assists. Flake had 17 and six rebounds in the win.
Mountain Crest held the early advantage and nearly walked away with the victory under the leadership of Faim Laulu-Pututau. Laula-Pututau found the hole time and time again, finishing with 19 total points and six rebounds in the loss. Two others scored in double figures - Justin Peterson and Tyler Crosbie. Peterson had 12 and seven rebounds while Crosbie finished with 16.
Watch a video replay of the game here.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Why I make my kids go to church
- New mission presidents
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- 17 years later, parents find kidnapped...
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- LDS girl's imagination takes viewers of a new...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup:... 10
- High school boys basketball: Viewmont's... 8
- High school boys basketball: Son of... 6
- 4A boys basketball: Seljaas hits... 4
- Uintah River High claims state... 4
- High school boys basketball: Kearns... 4
- Layton steps up big late to secure a... 4
- High school boys basketball: Pine View... 3