High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Mountain Crest totals
Field goals: 18 -38 (47.4%) Free-throws: 14 -17 (82.4%)
Field goals: 21 -41 (51.2%) Free-throws: 10 -15 (66.7%)
Mountain Crest came out hard and earned a 13-point advantage in the first half. Provo experienced a sluggish start on defense but was able to rally in the second half to gain the lead and hold on for an advancement to the quarterfinals. Jonny Flake and Adam Finch led the Bulldogs with 32 combined points in the win. Finch finished with 15 of those points, including a pair of crucial 3-pointers in third quarter and a game-high nine assists. Flake had 17 and six rebounds in the win.
Mountain Crest held the early advantage and nearly walked away with the victory under the leadership of Faim Laulu-Pututau. Laula-Pututau found the hole time and time again, finishing with 19 total points and six rebounds in the loss. Two others scored in double figures - Justin Peterson and Tyler Crosbie. Peterson had 12 and seven rebounds while Crosbie finished with 16.
Watch a video replay of the game here.
- Mormon mom, Mrs. Mexico, sticks to her...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Arizona family shares Christmas greetings...
- Silent star: Detroit Lions rookie Ziggy Ansah...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Doug Robinson: Best and worst of the college...
- High school football: East's Ula... 37
- High school football: 5A All-State teams 22
- Mountain View hires former Timpview... 19
- High school football: 3AA all-state teams 15
- Preps of the week: T.J. Haws, Lone Peak... 9
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News... 6
- High school wrestling: Defending state... 5
- High school football: 4A all-state teams 5