High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Mountain Crest totals
Field goals: 18 -38 (47.4%) Free-throws: 14 -17 (82.4%)
Field goals: 21 -41 (51.2%) Free-throws: 10 -15 (66.7%)
Mountain Crest came out hard and earned a 13-point advantage in the first half. Provo experienced a sluggish start on defense but was able to rally in the second half to gain the lead and hold on for an advancement to the quarterfinals. Jonny Flake and Adam Finch led the Bulldogs with 32 combined points in the win. Finch finished with 15 of those points, including a pair of crucial 3-pointers in third quarter and a game-high nine assists. Flake had 17 and six rebounds in the win.
Mountain Crest held the early advantage and nearly walked away with the victory under the leadership of Faim Laulu-Pututau. Laula-Pututau found the hole time and time again, finishing with 19 total points and six rebounds in the loss. Two others scored in double figures - Justin Peterson and Tyler Crosbie. Peterson had 12 and seven rebounds while Crosbie finished with 16.
Watch a video replay of the game here.
- Provo couple killed in RV accident near St....
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- BYU, Utah and Utah State 2013 football...
- Man charged with killing Ogden officer found...
- Police were watching, listening to Josh and...
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay unions...
- Sintra, Portugal, is a perfect combination of...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- High school soccer: 5A, 4A state... 6
- LIVE TODAY: Deseret News live streaming... 5
- Randy Hollis: Coach Phil Russell made a... 4
- High school baseball: Layton holds on... 3
- Orem football player Ben Smith on the... 2
- High school baseball: Bingham shuts... 2
- High school boys soccer: Bountiful... 2