High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Mountain Crest totals
Field goals: 18 -38 (47.4%) Free-throws: 14 -17 (82.4%)
Field goals: 21 -41 (51.2%) Free-throws: 10 -15 (66.7%)
Mountain Crest came out hard and earned a 13-point advantage in the first half. Provo experienced a sluggish start on defense but was able to rally in the second half to gain the lead and hold on for an advancement to the quarterfinals. Jonny Flake and Adam Finch led the Bulldogs with 32 combined points in the win. Finch finished with 15 of those points, including a pair of crucial 3-pointers in third quarter and a game-high nine assists. Flake had 17 and six rebounds in the win.
Mountain Crest held the early advantage and nearly walked away with the victory under the leadership of Faim Laulu-Pututau. Laula-Pututau found the hole time and time again, finishing with 19 total points and six rebounds in the loss. Two others scored in double figures - Justin Peterson and Tyler Crosbie. Peterson had 12 and seven rebounds while Crosbie finished with 16.
Watch a video replay of the game here.
- LDS missionary critically injured in Oklahoma...
- Dick Harmon: 5 former BYU quarterbacks could...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS Ice...
- Friday night lights central: Scores, stories,...
- Sports BLT: BYU fan gets creative with...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Watch: LDS bishop featured in 'Meet the...
- Water levels in Great Salt Lake approach...
- Football legend Brett Favre drops in on... 21
- High school football: Duchesne wins... 7
- High school football: West Jordan... 6
- Felt's Facts, Week 1: Where does... 6
- High school football: Pleasant Grove... 4
- High school girls soccer: Breakaway... 3
- High school sports: Thursday's roundup 2
- High school girls soccer: Defending... 2