High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 15 Free-throws: 8 -12 (66.7%)
Wasatch Academy totals
Field goals: 29 Free-throws: 6 -9 (66.7%)
Wasatch Academy's "United Nations" lineup led by Mahomaoud Diop was too much for Waterford in the game for 5th place in the 2A boys tournament. Diop had 18 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists, while Fred Krajacic added 14 points, 8 rebounds and 5 assists for the Tigers (22-3).
Cody John contributed a dozen points and 7 assists, with Garrett Crosby and Damjan Sredanovic chipping in with 9 points apiece. Sredanovic also had 8 rebounds, and Insa Kaba added eight more points for Wasatch Academy, which scored 16 or more points in every quarter and led 35-22 at halftime. The Tigers steadily pulled away in the second half, outscoring Waterford 35-20 after intermission.
Ben White led the way for Waterford (16-7) with 13 points, while Seth and Alec Monson combined for 20 points and 12 rebounds for the Ravens.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- High school football: No. 1 Bingham... 21
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig... 6
- Postseason success will not impact... 4
- High school sports: Preps of the week 2
- Photo gallery: Lone Peak defeats Alta... 2
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs... 1
- Big plays save Taylorsville as Warriors... 1
- Corner Canyon holds off pesky... 1