High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 17 Free-throws: 12 -17 (70.6%)
South Summit totals
Field goals: 16 Free-throws: 13 -16 (81.2%)
With 10 seconds remaining and his team trailing by one point, Manti's Devin Cluff cooly connected on a pair of pressure-packed free throws to give the Templars 3rd place in the 2A boys tournament with a dramatic victory over South Summit.
Cluff finished with a game-high 18 points and Jayson Cole added 16 for Manti (17-7), which earlier had a potential game-tying free throw nullified by a lane violation with 22.6 seconds left. But Cluff's clutch foul shooting overcame what could have been a critical mistake.
South Summit's Cole Richins hit two free throws with 46.2 seconds left to give the Wildcats a 48-45 lead. But Jayson Cole hit two clutch free throws of his own to pull the Templars within 48-47 with 32.9 seconds remaining. South Summit then missed the front end of two one-and-one situations in the last 31 seconds, setting the stage for Cluff's clutch free throws that decided the outcome.
Matt Rydalch scored 12 points and Beau Rydalch and Bonner Mitchell each added 10 for a "Cinderella" South Summit squad that reached the 2A championship semifinals and wound up 12-13 overall.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records, Benghazi...
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a mythical...
- Watch a video tribute to Sister Frances B....
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave' image of...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A, 3A state... 49
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 27
- High school recruiting: Jackson Barton,... 20
- High school soccer: 5A, 4A state... 6
- High school football: East star running... 4
- Replay: Brandon Gurney and Dan Sorensen... 3
- Orem football player remains in... 3
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup 2