High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 17 Free-throws: 12 -17 (70.6%)
South Summit totals
Field goals: 16 Free-throws: 13 -16 (81.2%)
With 10 seconds remaining and his team trailing by one point, Manti's Devin Cluff cooly connected on a pair of pressure-packed free throws to give the Templars 3rd place in the 2A boys tournament with a dramatic victory over South Summit.
Cluff finished with a game-high 18 points and Jayson Cole added 16 for Manti (17-7), which earlier had a potential game-tying free throw nullified by a lane violation with 22.6 seconds left. But Cluff's clutch foul shooting overcame what could have been a critical mistake.
South Summit's Cole Richins hit two free throws with 46.2 seconds left to give the Wildcats a 48-45 lead. But Jayson Cole hit two clutch free throws of his own to pull the Templars within 48-47 with 32.9 seconds remaining. South Summit then missed the front end of two one-and-one situations in the last 31 seconds, setting the stage for Cluff's clutch free throws that decided the outcome.
Matt Rydalch scored 12 points and Beau Rydalch and Bonner Mitchell each added 10 for a "Cinderella" South Summit squad that reached the 2A championship semifinals and wound up 12-13 overall.
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in Utah...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: East's Ula... 26
- High school football: 5A All-State teams 10
- Preps of the week: T.J. Haws, Lone Peak... 8
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws'... 8
- High school wrestling: Defending state... 5
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak... 4
- High school football: 3AA all-state teams 4
- Mountain View hires former Timpview... 3