High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
South Sevier totals
Field goals: 15 Free-throws: 19 -27 (70.4%)
Field goals: 16 Free-throws: 9 -13 (69.2%)
South Sevier overcame an early 10-point deficit to turn back Richfield for the Rams' second straight 2A boys state championship in a standing-room-only Sevier Valley Center. Race Parsons had 16 points and 11 rebounds, Patrick Baker contributed 15 points and 10 boards and Kaden King added 10 more points as South Sevier ran its record to 24-1 with its 24th consecutive victory.
Tyler Anderson scored 12 points and Jordan Kemp added 10 for Richfield (17-7), which was playing in its first boys state title game in 19 years and got off to a great start, drilling four 3-pointers in the first period.
But South Sevier went on an 11-0 run to finish the first half, taking a 27-22 halftime lead. The Rams extended their margin to 10 points, 41-31, entering the fourth quarter before Richfield battled back, twice pulling within 3 points. But Baker and King hit big buckets down the stretch, King and Colton Jones hit free throws and Parsons finished it off with two clutch foul shots with 11.6 seconds left.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- LDS missionaries share messages about...
- High school football: No. 1 Bingham... 21
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig... 7
- Postseason success will not impact... 4
- High school sports: Preps of the week 2
- Big plays save Taylorsville as Warriors... 2
- Photo gallery: Lone Peak defeats Alta... 2
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs... 1
- Corner Canyon holds off pesky... 1