High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
South Sevier totals
Field goals: 15 Free-throws: 19 -27 (70.4%)
Field goals: 16 Free-throws: 9 -13 (69.2%)
South Sevier overcame an early 10-point deficit to turn back Richfield for the Rams' second straight 2A boys state championship in a standing-room-only Sevier Valley Center. Race Parsons had 16 points and 11 rebounds, Patrick Baker contributed 15 points and 10 boards and Kaden King added 10 more points as South Sevier ran its record to 24-1 with its 24th consecutive victory.
Tyler Anderson scored 12 points and Jordan Kemp added 10 for Richfield (17-7), which was playing in its first boys state title game in 19 years and got off to a great start, drilling four 3-pointers in the first period.
But South Sevier went on an 11-0 run to finish the first half, taking a 27-22 halftime lead. The Rams extended their margin to 10 points, 41-31, entering the fourth quarter before Richfield battled back, twice pulling within 3 points. But Baker and King hit big buckets down the stretch, King and Colton Jones hit free throws and Parsons finished it off with two clutch foul shots with 11.6 seconds left.
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- Dick Harmon: Sonny Detmer's bloodline about...
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake Heaps'...
- What the LDS Church said about the Supreme...
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- Tyler Haws to play with Cleveland Cavaliers...
- A world apart: 2 women with birthdates in...
- Jazz not expected to be a major player (or...