High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 19 Free-throws: 10 -16 (62.5%)
Field goals: 8 Free-throws: 11 -18 (61.1%)
Richfield, the 2A girls pre-tournament favorite which suffered a stunning setback in Thursday's quarterfinals, crushed Kanab in the fifth-place game behind the powerful one-two punch of juniors Sloane Roundy and Megan Bean, who combined forces for 39 points.
Roundy scored a game-high 20 points, hitting three 3-pointers and scoring 11 points in the second quarter alone. Bean added 19 points -- 11 of those coming in the third quarter -- for the Wildcats, who finished their season at 22-2 overall.
Leading just 4-3 at the end of the first quarter, Richfield poured in 21 points in the second period and 20 more in the third to take a commanding 45-15 lead into the fourth quarter, allowing the Wildcats to clear their bench.
Kaytee Glover led Kanab (14-10) with 13 points.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Utah Sports Ruckus: BYU football's first...
- Six arrested in wild Utah County kidnapping;...
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia team...
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom Hill...
- Parry's Power Guide: Week 4 5
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Jeremy... 3
- High school football: Felt's Facts,... 2
- Woods Cross airs it out in Region 6 win... 2
- High school sports: Friday's football... 1
- High school football: Herriman... 1
- High school football: Murray wins first... 1
- High school cross-country: East junior,... 1