High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 19 Free-throws: 10 -16 (62.5%)
Field goals: 8 Free-throws: 11 -18 (61.1%)
Richfield, the 2A girls pre-tournament favorite which suffered a stunning setback in Thursday's quarterfinals, crushed Kanab in the fifth-place game behind the powerful one-two punch of juniors Sloane Roundy and Megan Bean, who combined forces for 39 points.
Roundy scored a game-high 20 points, hitting three 3-pointers and scoring 11 points in the second quarter alone. Bean added 19 points -- 11 of those coming in the third quarter -- for the Wildcats, who finished their season at 22-2 overall.
Leading just 4-3 at the end of the first quarter, Richfield poured in 21 points in the second period and 20 more in the third to take a commanding 45-15 lead into the fourth quarter, allowing the Wildcats to clear their bench.
Kaytee Glover led Kanab (14-10) with 13 points.
- Doug Robinson: BYU's schedule is a football...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- Watch: LDS bishop featured in 'Meet the...
- Mormon coaches and callings: How they balance...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS Ice...
- Sports BLT: BYU fan gets creative with...
- Football legend Brett Favre drops in on... 21
- High school football: West Jordan... 5
- Felt's Facts, Week 1: Where does... 5
- High school football: Duchesne wins... 5
- High school girls soccer: Breakaway... 3
- High school sports: Thursday's roundup 2
- High school girls soccer: Defending... 2
- Parry's power guide to Utah high school... 1