High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
North Sevier totals
Field goals: 10 Free-throws: 12 -25 (48.0%)
North Summit totals
Field goals: 8 Free-throws: 10 -22 (45.5%)
In the 2A girls 3rd-place game, North Sevier rallied from a six-point deficit in the fourth quarter to shoot past North Summit. Morgan Okerlund led the Wolves (19-6) with 12 points, while Bailey Sorenson added 9 points and 8 rebounds, Devyn Sorensen contributed six points and seven boards and Cassidee Shepherd played a big part in the pivotal rally with three late free throws.
North Sevier trailed 23-20 entering the fourth quarter and fell behind 26-20 early in the final frame, but the Wolves wound up outscoring the Braves 14-1 over the last six minutes to pull out the come-from-behind victory.
Both teams struggled with their shooting, as North Sevier was 10-of-45 (22.2 percent) from field and North Summit went just 8-of-48 (16.7 percent) in the loss.
Kassidee Evans had 11 points and Erica Richins added 8 points and 6 rebounds for North Summit (17-8), while McKell Richins contributed 9 boards to the Braves' cause.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- 5 parenting lessons learned from movies
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Wet, cool August delivered more than twice...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- High school football: No. 1 Bingham... 21
- Parry's power guide to Utah high school... 9
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school... 4
- Postseason success will not impact... 4
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig... 3
- High school football: Provo off to a... 1
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs... 1
- Corner Canyon holds off pesky... 1