High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 19 Free-throws: 11 -15 (73.3%)
Field goals: 10 Free-throws: 12 -16 (75.0%)
Beaver jumped out to a quick 10-0 lead and was never threatened in winning its second 2A girls championship in three years with an impressive victory over defending champ Enterprise. Beaver also beat Enterprise for the title two years ago, while Enterprise won last year's title by beating Beaver in the finals.
Hattie Snyder had 19 points and 9 rebounds for the Beavers, while MaCail Wood contributed 15 points and 6 boards and Schyler Jordan chipped in with eight points for Beaver (20-4).
Freshman Ryley Lyman led Enterprise (13-11) with nine points, but the Wolves shot just 23.3 percent from the field (10-of-43), including 0-of-15 from 3-point range.
After leading 14-4 at the first stop, Beaver increased its lead to 19-5 early in the second quarter. But Enterprise wouldn't go away and whittled away at Beaver's big lead, with the Wolves still within striking distance, 23-14, at halftime.
But Snyder's seven points sparked a 12-2 spurt to start the third quarter, boosting Beaver back out to a 19-point bulge, and Enterprise never got closer than 14 the rest of the way.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a mythical...
- Watch a video tribute to Sister Frances B....
- Elder Oaks promotes strengthening the free...
- High school football: Riley Nelson hired as...
- LDS Church is smart to reach out to 'Book of...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian players...
- Steven Powell will not be released from...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A, 3A state... 49
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 26
- High school recruiting: Jackson Barton,... 20
- High school soccer: 5A, 4A state... 6
- High school baseball: 5A tournament... 4
- Replay: Brandon Gurney and Dan Sorensen... 3
- High school football: East star running... 3
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup 2