High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 19 Free-throws: 11 -15 (73.3%)
Field goals: 10 Free-throws: 12 -16 (75.0%)
Beaver jumped out to a quick 10-0 lead and was never threatened in winning its second 2A girls championship in three years with an impressive victory over defending champ Enterprise. Beaver also beat Enterprise for the title two years ago, while Enterprise won last year's title by beating Beaver in the finals.
Hattie Snyder had 19 points and 9 rebounds for the Beavers, while MaCail Wood contributed 15 points and 6 boards and Schyler Jordan chipped in with eight points for Beaver (20-4).
Freshman Ryley Lyman led Enterprise (13-11) with nine points, but the Wolves shot just 23.3 percent from the field (10-of-43), including 0-of-15 from 3-point range.
After leading 14-4 at the first stop, Beaver increased its lead to 19-5 early in the second quarter. But Enterprise wouldn't go away and whittled away at Beaver's big lead, with the Wolves still within striking distance, 23-14, at halftime.
But Snyder's seven points sparked a 12-2 spurt to start the third quarter, boosting Beaver back out to a 19-point bulge, and Enterprise never got closer than 14 the rest of the way.
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback...
- Ex-Tabiona High teacher sent to prison for...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 21
- Woods Cross airs it out in Region 6 win... 3
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Jeremy... 3
- High school football: Felt's Facts,... 2
- American Fork's solid defense gets it... 2
- High school sports: Friday's football... 1
- High school football: Herriman... 1
- High school football: Murray wins first... 1