High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 14 Free-throws: 4 -6 (66.7%)
Field goals: 11 Free-throws: 15 -24 (62.5%)
The fourth-ranked Silverwolves advanced to the semifinals with a win over the second-ranked Layton Lancers. It was a tremendous defensive effort in the second half, as well as solid freethrow shooting that gave the Silverwovles the edge in an extremely tight contest.
Whitney Saunders led the team's scoring with 8 points, while Lauren Bond added five points, four rebounds, three assists and three steals. Morganne Campbell added eight points and two assists, while Jamie Smith scored six points, earned three assists and grabbed three steals.
Layton was led by Courtnee Wood, who scored 11 points and grabbed eight rebounds, while Livia Treseder scored eight points, grabbed six rebounds and earned four steals.
Watch the replay here:
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Job insecurity is the new normal. Here's how...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs