High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 16 -53 (30.2%) Free-throws: 24 -30 (80.0%)
Field goals: 26 -49 (53.1%) Free-throws: 5 -8 (62.5%)
Bingham jumped to an early lead, which softened the blow of a scoring deficiency in the second quarter. The Miners went on to outscore Hunter for the remaining two and punch their ticket to the second round. Cody Benson led all scoring with 19 points on top of his seven rebounds in the victory. Two others scored in double figures - Connor Williams and Jake Bagley - combining for 28 with 14 points apiece. Durrant Miles was huge on the boards, pulling down 15 rebounds in the win.
Freshman Dimitri Saliba drained three 3-pointers and finished with 17 total points in the Hunter loss. The Miners advance to the second round where they'll face West Jordan.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Prep sports: All-Sports awards feature 2...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Adam Law breaks...
- New temple presidents
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...