High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Copper Hills totals
Field goals: 12 -39 (30.8%) Free-throws: 16 -30 (53.3%)
Field goals: 10 -39 (25.6%) Free-throws: 20 -37 (54.1%)
Northridge survived a first-round scare from Copper Hills, earning a narrow overtime victory. The Knights were hindered by 11-percent shooting in the first half but were able to improve on that percentage in the second and gain control. Karson Casteel led the Knights and was just shy of a double-double as he earned 11 points and nine rebounds. Jesse Armistead was close behind with 10 points, and Preston Christensen added eight points and six rebounds.
The Grizzlies put up a valiant fight with Dylan Carter leading the way. Carter hit a game-changing 3-pointer and finished with 13 total points in the loss. Bryson Allen added 11 points and seven rebounds, and Tyler Lazenby finished with 6. Lazenby sent the game into overtime with a strong move in the post, but to no avail.
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...