High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 13 -43 (30.2%) Free-throws: 7 -14 (50.0%)
Lone Peak totals
Field goals: 22 -50 (44.0%) Free-throws: 11 -15 (73.3%)
Lone Peak raced to a 35-16 halftime lead and never looked back in a dominating victory over underdog Kearns. Lone Peak outrebounded Kearns 40-26 and shot 44 percent from the field compared to just 30 for the Cougars. Nick Emery led the way for Lone Peak with 24 points, with T.J. Haws chipping in with 11 points and a team-high seven rebounds.
Dayon Goodman led Kearns with 18 points and nine rebounds, but the Cougars were no match for the defending state champs.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...