High School Sports
- Scores & Schedule
Field goals: 13 -43 (30.2%) Free-throws: 7 -14 (50.0%)
Lone Peak totals
Field goals: 22 -50 (44.0%) Free-throws: 11 -15 (73.3%)
Lone Peak raced to a 35-16 halftime lead and never looked back in a dominating victory over underdog Kearns. Lone Peak outrebounded Kearns 40-26 and shot 44 percent from the field compared to just 30 for the Cougars. Nick Emery led the way for Lone Peak with 24 points, with T.J. Haws chipping in with 11 points and a team-high seven rebounds.
Dayon Goodman led Kearns with 18 points and nine rebounds, but the Cougars were no match for the defending state champs.
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Security, authorities detain woman...
- Why my husband never sleeps on the couch and...
- 'Saturday's Warrior' director shares details...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Do you fit the Mormon...
- Former Ute center Dallin Bachynski impresses...
- River rafters discover wreckage of aircraft...