Welcome to deseretnews.com
Please find listed below contact information for management, department heads and our news departments. If you can't find the person or department you need, check our staff directory. Or you may contact the receptionist at (801) 236-6000 during regular business hours. Our news desks work extended hours.
Tips on news events and press releases are accepted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clark Gilbert — President & CEO
- Richard D. Hall — managing editor
- Michael B. Todd — chief financial officer
- Paul Edwards — editorial page editor
- Tad Walch — local news editor
- Kent Condon — sports editor
- Heather Tuttle — art director
- Heidi Perry — visual/editing manager
- Mitch Wilkinson — wire editor
- Gerry Avant — Church News editor
- Brady Mortensen — systems manager
- Aaron Shill — features & Mormon Times editor
- City Desk/news tips — (801) 237-2100
- Church News — (801) 237-2141
- Letters to the editor — (801) 237-2185
- Sports — (801) 237-2161
- Feature Section — (801) 237-2150
- Photo — (801) 237-2127
55 North 300 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Advertising and circulation
4770 S. 5600 West
West Valley City, UT 84118
- Chris Lee — general manager
- Gregory Kratz — managing editor
- Mark L. Reece — senior editor
- Tammy Carlson — senior editor
- Larry D. Curtis — assistant editor, producer
- Layton Shumway — assistant editor, content manager
Online advertising contact information
To advertise on DeseretNews.com contact:
About the paper
Three years after Brigham Young led Mormon pioneers to the Salt Lake Valley in 1847, the first issue of the Deseret News was pulled off a small hand-cranked press. This eight-page newspaper was the first published in what was then called the territory of Deseret.
Although the state of Utah has long-since replaced the old territory, the Deseret News retained its original name. In 2003 the paper switched to morning delivery and today the Deseret News is published daily as Utah's oldest — but most modern — newspaper.
Over the years, the Deseret News has earned hundreds of awards for writing, reporting, design and community service, including the Pulitzer Prize.
Established June 15, 1850. Published daily by Deseret News Publishing Co., 55 North 300 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84101.
Periodicals postage paid at Salt Lake City, UT.
Deseret News ® is a registered U.S. trademark.
Contents copyright © 2014 Deseret News Publishing Company